Curtain recommendation

Share info on fishing Champlain.
FishnChef
Species: Salmon

Curtain recommendation

Post by FishnChef »

Looking to have a custom walkthrough zip down drop curtain made for my Crestliner 1850. Can anyone make any recommendations I'm on the New York side. I want someone who does quality work without taking forever to do it. Thanks
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Re: Curtain recommendation

Post by ThreeBuoys »

The only comment I'll make is that if you want it done relatively soon, you will be lucky to get it done quick this time of year. This is the busy time for most custom canvas shops and they are booked out until August or later.
FishnChef
Species: Salmon

Post by FishnChef »

Yeah kind of what I figured, generally you have to leave your boat there right?
Striperking
Species: Salmon Trout

Post by Striperking »

I’m not sure where you are located but John Fitzner Canvas in Rotterdam does awesome work. I had a top made with side curtains for my starcraft islander. Large zippers, heavy duty frame. In fact I forgot to take the top down after fishing lake Ontario. After about an hour and a half I stopped at a rest area on the Thruway and realized I still had the top up. I normally tow my trailer anywhere between 65 and 70 miles an hour and the top withstood that. His number is 518-355-1110. I have no idea what his backlog is but he does take appointments so you don’t have to leave your boat there for a couple of weeks. I think mine was there three or four days.
dipsydiver
Species: Abf

Post by dipsydiver »

I've also used John Fitzner's and was very happy with everything.