Oswego 9/4

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Oswego 9/4

Post by Bearcat »

Limited out on still healthy kings in short order. Two fish were looking a bit gold colored but otherwise no signs of change yet. Did see just one come to the surface all day. Water was 78 f at the surface and 40 to 42 f at 65 ft over 86 ft. Moved in to 55' to work the Browns and water was 68 f on the bottom! In spite of that we picked up some big Browns at a rate of a fish every 5 to 10 minutes at the most. All the Browns hit spoons, the Kings hit spoons, flys and one big boy hit a meat rig. Was a fun day, arms were tired at the end.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Oswego 9/4

Post by fishy1 »

i bet your arms were tired. wow sounds like everything was hitting. the browns nice and chunky?
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Yes Matt, the Kings are getting big, and my arms were tired for sure. The Browns were fat and fought like crazy, not what I expected being that they were in such warm water. Looks like you're getting into some of those beautiful fall brookies, I hope I can squeeze in some of that fishing too!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Bearcat wrote:Yes Matt, the Kings are getting big, and my arms were tired for sure. The Browns were fat and fought like crazy, not what I expected being that they were in such warm water. Looks like you're getting into some of those beautiful fall brookies, I hope I can squeeze in some of that fishing too!
4 more days and trout season ends. i guess ill take a break and no more mtn climbing for awhile. the salmon have hit the rivers and the lakers are on the shorelines and lots of good fishing coming and the shootout.