Navionics

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Fish Hound
Species: everything

Re: Navionics

Post by Fish Hound »

This is a good video to show you what we need to do to fix the errors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoIONFjYlQs
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

another video of Sonar Chart Live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaMf9-4KH6U&t=198s
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Sonar chart live with Hummibirds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DAxPIIKJZE
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Post by Ahhspray »

Fish Hound wrote:Thank you for the feed back. I am working on a solution for all three The Champlain will be an easy fix as I frequent that while chartering quite often Lake Memphremagog I dot get there very often but maybe we can do a sonar chart event there and fix it all in on day shoot me a PM with your contact info when you have a chance please
PM sent
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Post by Ahhspray »

I don't think that my unit supports recording and uploading recorded sonar charts.
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Upcoming free webinars

June 26th
6:00 PM
Inshore Fishing
Capt. Ed Zyak
July 9th
8:00 PM
Learn How to Catch Tuna on Poppers and Jigs
Capt. Anthony Grassi
July 12th
10:00 PM
Southern California Yellowtail Strategy
Erik Landesfeind
July 16th
Topwater fishing During the Summer
Bassmaster Elite Angler Brandon Card
July 19th
10:00 PM
Prepping for the UFC Delta Frog Event
Travis Huckaby
July 24th
Summer Bassin on Lake Okeechobee
Mike Readling
July 30th
Redfish time is now!
Capt. Stephen Fields

Follow the link below to sign up for the ones you are interested and remember as always its free!!!!

https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/post ... schedule/
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Platinum+ and HotMaps Platinum owners who utilize their additional content and viewing options gain a much better situational awareness where they go boating. Whether you own one of these charts or are considering an upgrade, keep in mind the available features.

Satellite Overlay provides an extremely helpful visual aid when boating in coastal areas, inland lakes and rivers. You can choose to display the imagery over land or on both land and water. Then, increase or decrease the transparency to compare the chart to what you see in the image, such as backwater channels, islands, sandbars and nearby landmarks.

3D View allows you to exaggerate both underwater and surface features. Highlight subtle changes in depth when looking for structure to fish. You can also rotate or pan over the map to familiarize yourself with the area.

Look for the camera icon to find thousands of Panoramic Photos of marinas, docks, and dams. Just select it with your cursor to display the image on your screen!

In most marine ports, you can access georeferenced Pilot Books by selecting the marina icon. Where available, you will find a detailed description of the area, such as its location, shoreline features, prominent objects and landmarks, anchorages, cautions and much more.

Here are some helpful videos:
http://youtu.be/b3zqDg-aoSc
How to turn on satellite overlay
http://youtu.be/urb4bJ9VwuE
How to use satellite overlay
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

The Navionics Boating app has a ton of priceless features that allowi you to easily customize the map to fit your needs!

Follow These Steps!!!!
Open the app and go to Menu > Map Options:
? Turn Easy View ON to magnify icons and text
? If you?re in an area where water fluctuates due to droughts or floods, adjust the Water Level setting to alter contours and spot soundings accordingly
? Use Depth Shading to highlight depths up to a select value
? If you selected the SonarChart? layer, SonarChart? Density allows you to customize the amount of 1ft contour detail you want to see.

An active Navionics+ subscription allows you to gain access to even more tools with Advanced Map Options:
? Change the map display to a Satellite imagery or Terrain elevation view
? Turn Fishing Mode ON to engage the Fishing Range tool, perfect for anglers who want to target depths to catch a certain fish species. Simply enter the minimum and maximum desired values
? Easily adjust the depth value of Shallow Areas
? With Depth Contours, display bathymetry up to a select value

Want to return to the default map options? Simply click the Reset Default Values button!
Don?t have the Boating app yet? Download the FREE version and start a 2-week trial! You can also activate Advanced Map Options on your Navionics plotter card!
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Here's a video on the latest update for the Navionics mobile app. Now you can highlight up to 5 different depth ranges, name them and give them their own color

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0589250373
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

I'm able to use fishing mode without a subscription, even with the latest update of the app. Just an FYI for other cheapskates like me.
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Do you have just the free boating app not the paid version? If so you will only have limited mapping (free government maps)
Have you seen the paid version or done the free trial?
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

Fish Hound wrote:Do you have just the free boating app not the paid version? If so you will only have limited mapping (free government maps)
I paid for the app but not the plus subscription. I guess I thought that's what you meant, sorry.

The new update is great and they fixed all the android crashing issues I had in the past.
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Laurentide wrote:
Fish Hound wrote:Do you have just the free boating app not the paid version? If so you will only have limited mapping (free government maps)
I paid for the app but not the plus subscription. I guess I thought that's what you meant, sorry.

The new update is great and they fixed all the android crashing issues I had in the past.
That's great news if you ever need help please don't hesitate to ask
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

often times we forget one of the most simple and easiest feature of our Navionics Subscription whether it be on your chart plotter or mobile apps. Update Update Update!!!!!

Why???

*Navionics more than 2000 updates daily to their Nautical charts
*Millions of contributions coming from user's sonars and local information added
*SonarChart Live
*Advanced map options
*Plotter sync