Navionics

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Fish Hound
Species: everything

Re: Navionics

Post by Fish Hound »

When Hurricane Irma passed through the South Florida area last September, much of the boating community was affected. At the same time, shorelines and bottom contours have also changed. That's why we?re partnering with other industry leaders and the South Florida boating community to remap marine and inland waterways impacted by Hurricane Irma.

Hurricanes change the marine landscape significantly. You can help make boating safer by updating local charts and Navionics will share debris locations marked in the area with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Participants will receive one year of daily updates!

Ready to join the #RemapSouthFL team? It?s easy!
Record logs of South Florida and mark debris fields starting on January 19, 2018
Upload logs to Navionics
Submit a screenshot of your uploaded logs to Irma@navionics.com before February 20, 2018 to receive one year of daily updates

Sonar Log Event Instructions

http://youtu.be/3bb8z8mkIFo
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

As with Apple, our Boating app for Android now includes enhanced tools to review your tracks. A great way for Boaters who record their cruising journeys, fishing trips, sailing excursions, or diving expeditions to keep a digital record of their adventures on the water!
- Timeline, which includes photos taken during tracking, nearby POI’s, and Navionics panoramic images
- Records, to compare your stats
- Summary, you can now sort all your tracks details by seasons, months, weeks, and days, with a more complete set of info in an even cooler layout
If you don’t have the latest app version: go to the Google Play app on your device, select your app and Update.
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

check out this link for 7 ways to get more out of your navionics app
http://www.westernbass.com/article/7-wa ... ionics-app
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

All Raymarine Wi-Fi models, now including Axiom and Axiom PROs, support Plotter Sync! This allows you to wirelessly connect your plotter with the Navionics Boating app to automatically transfer:
- chart updates to your Navionics plotter card
- routes & markers among your plotter and mobile
- sonar logs to improve SonarChart™ for your area
All without having to remove your Navionics card from the plotter!
Take advantage of the connection capability: use our Boating app to create an automatic route with Dock-to-dock Autorouting and then transfer it to your plotter!
What you need
- The latest software release on your Axiom or Axiom PRO unit.
- A Navionics+, Platinum+ or HotMaps Platinum card plugged in your plotter
- The latest version of the Navionics Boating app installed on your mobile device
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

All Platinum products include the same chart content and advanced features as Navionics+ and offer additional viewing options such as 3D View, satellite overlay, and panoramic photos I really like the 3d overlay when breaking down a potential hot spot. the best part is Navionics is running a sale right now and you can save $30
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

If your thinking about purchasing a new unit this year, Don't forget to ask about bundles bundles can save you

Here are some examples:

When you buy a GPS plotter that includes a Navionics+ card inside the box, you save versus purchasing separately and have cartography that?s ready to use.

Ask your dealer which bundles they offer, or order any of the following models:

HUMMINBIRD: Helix 5, 7

LOWRANCE: Elite Ti 7, 9; Hook? 5, 7, 9,12

RAYMARINE: Axiom PRO 9, 12, 16; Dragonfly 4PRO, 5PRO, 5M, 7PRO

SIMRAD: GO5 XSE, 9 XSE

SI-TEX: SVS560, 760, 880, 1010
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

I'm courious if anybody has any spots on their Navionics charts that clearly need remapping or to be tweeked a little? if so please list where body of water, area (gps cords if possible) or post a screen shot
Thanks,
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Post by Ahhspray »

Lake Memphremagog, VT

44*59.650'N 72*12.642'W - I put a note on this NON-EXISTANT landmass several years ago and saw that it was removed on my latest update, however, all of the structure underwater still shows but it is not there in reality. The "hump" is significant on the chart, but nothing to be seen on sonar.(The small humps to the west of this I labeled "Gull Island" is always above water by 4-5 feet but doesn't show as a land mass and should.)

44*56.899'N 72*13.104'W - The underwater point that shows here, is actually quite a bit closer to shore. There are a number of other spots on this lake that have this similar inconsistency. Additionally, the entire area south of the railroad bridges known a South Bay is unmapped and shows only as shallow water.

Scroll north of the border and you will see areas where the underwater contour lines do not line up and make no sense. It's been like that for years, updates don't seem to change it.

My son and I(and now daughter also) fish this lake very frequently and I've learned to not trust the charts much and trust my experience and memory. ...sad thing when my memory is what I want to trust. :lol:
I would be happy to help with this if there is some way for me to do so. We are motoring around the lake frequently. Thanks for asking for feedback.
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

These spots are all on the broad lake area of Champlain and are indicated by the markers. These areas are wildly off on the Navionics chart, some by 20-30'.

Juniper ledge:

Boquet delta:

Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Thank you for the feed back. I am working on a solution for all three The Champlain will be an easy fix as I frequent that while chartering quite often Lake Memphremagog I dot get there very often but maybe we can do a sonar chart event there and fix it all in on day shoot me a PM with your contact info when you have a chance please