Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Tire Jockey
Species: All

Post by Tire Jockey »

Well, I haven't done much fishing this spring, been really busy at the shop, (that is a good thing) The past two times out have produced crap, last Wednesday i believe was my last time out, fished really hard trolled for 8 hours and got two hits, that was it.

Probably wont make it out this week, i gave up on the derby, been three years since the last time i was in it. Pretty much done with the trolling this year. Bringing the boat up north to camp next week hopefully. Need to fish some new water. Extremely discouraged with the salmon fishing this year. Getting back to my roots with some Bass and perch fishing, and hitting the streams for brookies. :shock:
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Re: Report

Post by tmcaul »

My son and I have been out the last two nights fishing Whallon's and Town Farm. Two lakers each night. Also lost a big laker. Marked a lot of bait in Whallon's on Monday while trolling from Split Rock almost to the ferry crossing in 80-100 FoW. Last night with wind out of north, no bait in Whallon's but around 9 PM found some just south of western end of Thompson's point as we headed for Converse launch. This bait was suspended and we went right through it with riggers at about 25' and 35'. No hits, tho.

I mention this because I believe you fish Town Farm (and maybe Whallon's some of the time). We are also still looking for first decent sized salmon. Wine has been chilling for this fish for sometime.

Good luck up north.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
Tire Jockey
Species: All

Post by Tire Jockey »

Caught a few small ones earlier this spring in town farm. First of April in Whallons was good, got a couple of nice ones, only one salmon in the freezer this spring! Horrible!!
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

Don't forget about walleye and crappie fishing. Gar fishing is pretty hot. Good thing about VT fishing is there is always something biting. I'll be back out on boat in a couple weeks to try when they are consistently at 40ft. My best time of the year. Then more videos will happen.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

We were out on saturday late from 7-dark just north of the bridge, and marked more fish than i HAVE EVER marked before. for litterally 2 straight miles we marked non-stop bait down 30-40 in same depth water, and had huge marks suspended everwhere. We were focusing on panfish and other stuff early in the day and I didnt have my trolling gear other than slide divers and a dipsy, but not many lures that I would normally fish. Only had one hit (which i broke off), but the amount of fish in the water was super encouraging.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

keithm87 wrote:We were out on saturday late from 7-dark just north of the bridge, and marked more fish than i HAVE EVER marked before. for litterally 2 straight miles we marked non-stop bait down 30-40 in same depth water, and had huge marks suspended everwhere. We were focusing on panfish and other stuff early in the day and I didnt have my trolling gear other than slide divers and a dipsy, but not many lures that I would normally fish. Only had one hit (which i broke off), but the amount of fish in the water was super encouraging.
Lots of perch