First spring report...Converse

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Flashpoint
Species: trout/salmon/stripers

First spring report...Converse

Post by Flashpoint »

Fished out of converse Sat & Sun...great to see everyone out fishing the Rotary! Had to park out on the road! Lol
Little slower pick on sat then sunday. 6hr trips both days. Started straight out front saturday...didnt find much bait till south of thompsons. Ran 2 riggers at 15 & 20 down. Two slides at 55 & 65 out...plus 3 color & 5 color cores. Picked up 4 stockies ( the ones the dirt birds are gorging on) a couple 3 lbrs & 4 lakers...biggest being 7lbs. All hits on slides & 5 color core. Perch speedyshiner, rainbow needlefish with white cup took most hits. Northwest wind picked up & bite slowed.
Sunday we started same waypoints...bait moved some but same general area. Same spread with 3 color taking first hit on rainbow speedy. Couple rigger shots with another 3lb salmon & 8lb laker, one on watermelon speedy & one on Stinger GG alewife. Dropped a couple other leapers on the riggers & got a 3lb laker on 5 color before bite slowed. Dropped the riggers down to 25 & 40, switched the 3 color for a 10 color & stretched the slides to 75 & 85 out. 10 color took a hit on rainbow needlefish, made a loop & the 85 slide takes off ripping! First leap its a good one....10 min fight & slid the net under beauty of a silver at just under 8lbs! Came on dattilios uv alewife. Last fish of the day! Back out friday!
Sorry...wont let me load pics! Ugghhh
Pics on FB.....
MWM
Species: Salmon

Re: First spring report...Converse

Post by MWM »

Thanks for the detailed report!
Santiago
Species: salmonoids

Post by Santiago »

My white and pearl Needlefish has been pretty hot last year and this, snagging roughly 75% of my releases. Has anyone seen them in the shops? I'm down to my last one after getting 2 at the now-closed Classic Outfitters. Jim didn't have any last year and the big boxes are barren of good spoons.
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Never tried a pearl/white needlefish but a rainbow trout needlefish will catch nearly anything that swims in champlain - even when most of the paint gets chewed off.
Predator hunter
Species: Lake trout

Post by Predator hunter »

What size needlefish are you guys using for salmon? (2" or 2.5") :?:
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Both!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Glad to see you out there Matt... Sorry I didn't have more time to chart at the lot.

Thanks for the report... I agree 100% with the cormorants.
Matt B