Kingston stripers 2017

Check and share here for the latest Salt Water fishing reports.
FishnChef
Species: Salmon

Re: Kingston stripers 2017

Post by FishnChef »

Hopefully the river doesnt go to chocolate milk after fridays rain but its not looking too good, supposed to head down sunday but we shall see, last sumday monday was a bust. Just a few runts
jim
Species: Salmon, Trout

Post by jim »

Agreed but i think its going to be high water. Last weekend tree's were floating down but fish were still there. Hope the fish are biting better but i don't think it will slow down no matter how high it gets. Nothing like fishing a moving obstical coarse.

good luck
The River Rat
Species: Anything that swims

Post by The River Rat »

Always down for a challenge (especially in a 13.5' star craft)! I'm sure the rain today hasn't helped,catching bait or fish, but it's now or never! Possibly, if a brief moment of sanity comes my way I may wait till week! River condition updates are much appreciatiated as I am coming from eastern VT, even though the fish don't care! Thanks
A White
jim

Post by jim »

How did you do River Rat? water was way up in kingston. We did ok. nothing huge but some good keepers. Looks like the rain may hold off a bit this week and maybe next weekend will be a lot nicer. Likely the last weekend for me down there.
Welcome to join. I think i only have one other person heading down. Maybe we will hit the big ones!

Also it was good meeting everyone from rutland and other areas of VT down there. Hope everything was ok at home after those storms.
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

Jim I never end up making the trip last weekend unfortunately. I'll be finishing a project in the next couple days, so hopefully Friday or Saturday. Sounds like it may be better water conditions for my boat anyway! lol. I Appreciate the offer and may have to take you up on it! Sounds like you fish weekends mainly? As well was curious what's been working best for ya stoolies or sabikis? Hope to see ya out there. Andy
A White
jim

Post by jim »

I do generally fish Weekends. I think though this will be the last weekend down in Kingston. I'm planning to tow the boat home to VT on Sunday. I'll launch out of Charlotte either Point Bay or Converse Bay launches for the summer. I do think the Striper season is going to go on for a bit though. Its been so cold i would bet this weekend and the following are going to be very good if the rain holds off.
As for stoolies or sabikis. I've never had luck with the Stoolies. Very small sabikis seem to work best for me. These Size #14 sometime #12 with just green or green/red beads. Believe it or not you actually cut the tail off so there is only the beads. Seems odd but works best. Dont forget you can only have 5 hooks so you will need to cut one off. Here is a link to the brand I generally buy.
http://www.ahiusa.com/ahi/Products.aspx?Cat=4&Item=63
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

Thanks Jim I'll take that into consideration since I just stocked up on # 4 and #6 rigs! Curious if I may have met you at the recent DYP tourney? I was lucky enough to have fished it as well as being drawn to partner with Matt B. aboard his boat REELAX. Great time!!! I don't know if we'll see each other since my wife told me she had a nightmare, I had left to go fishing again!!!! LOL. Ya never know!!! Thanks again and good luck. Andy
A White
jim

Post by jim »

Nope I was not at the DYP and generally cant make that event. Its usually to early and in mud season so i cant get the boat out. I should just sign up without one of these years. I've made it to the frost bit tournament a few times. I brought Serrano(hot pepper) mac and cheese a few years ago and i did he event with the high school Kids a couple years ago. Im sure the sabiki's you have will work fine. Just trim the feathers right off and leave the beads. If no bead just leave a bit of the feathers near the top. Should try it with feathers as well but talking with people out fishing every year it seems popular to trim them.
I'll be out of Point bay i think most of the summer unless i run down to NH fishing.
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

Curious how you made out on your last outing jim? I haven't made the trip out and doubtful I will unless it is this next following weekend. Not sure if ill be wasting me time or not but may give it a shot.
A White
jim

Post by jim »

Last weekend the 13th the water was 54deg. Way to cold so the fishing was slow. Only a couple smaller ones. I pulled the boat last weekend so I'm back up here in VT. Likely this weekend will be very good fishing, but i cant get down that way. The water last weekend had so many fish my down riggers were bouncing off of them.
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

Excellent Jim. Thanks for the info
A White