Any comments from " Invisa swivel " users ??

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Sea Hare
Species: all species

Any comments from " Invisa swivel " users ??

Post by Sea Hare »

I'm curious as to how many of us are using the invisa swivel product that was introduced at the taping session. Does anyone have any thoughts on how effective they are ? Anybody have any problems with them ? I have been using them and have not had any failures or issues with them. I'm not certain that I am catching more fish, but they are certainly less noticable than the conventional shiny, sampo style swivels.

:) BB ( Jon )
It's not just a unit of measure !
Reel Delight (Walt)
Species: Trout, Salmon, & other

Re: Any comments from " Invisa swivel " users ??

Post by Reel Delight (Walt) »

I am using them and really liking them. I ordered a few packages of the swivels from the manufacture this past spring after seeing them at the taping workshop. I have not had a line twist since I have been using them and I believe they help present my leaders with lures more naturally.

I hope some of our local tackle dealers start carrying them.
Retired & ready to fish!
Arima Sea Ranger "Reel Delight"
Past President of the Lake George Fishing Alliance
member of the US Power Squadron and USN Vet.
Formerly AKA "Fishing Eagle"
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

I was looking into getting the smaller ones for myself for the rivers, but adding up how many rigs I have to re-tie, I may end up spending quite a bite each trip just on swivels...I may give them a shot though, they do look cool.
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

I've been using them exclusively this season on all my set ups, including mono-to-mono and mono to braid, and haven't had a bit of line twist... NONE. Most of mine are rigged with the smallest (12 lb) swivel, and a couple with the 25 lb.
An amazing breakthrough in swivel technology. Not only do the swivels spin easily and are self lubricating, the smaller ones fit through all my rod tips.... Leaders can be longer and stowage is simple.

Finally, Sampo-free and loving it!

Bill
"POINTER"
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I started using them on my slide diver set-ups and the line twist I used to have from time to time with my Sampo's is now a distant memory with my 30 lb. Invisas.

Thanks Bill!

Put to the Test. Powering out Positive Results.

Knot2Kinky and InvisaSwivel get collective thumbs up from vetted and veteran testers.

Ponte Verde, FL. – The cardinal sin in manufacturing is testing new product on the consumer, the angler. Before the research and development is complete, and prototypes fully tested in the field, an undependable manufacturer goes to market. The polar opposite is running a potential new product through the mill, further grinding it at another mill, and only then taking it to the street. Aquateko goes even further. Even after putting trusted and innovative products in the hands of anglers, they come back around to verify that positive perception remains.

Recently, Aquateko ran its flagship Knot2Kinky and InvisaSwivel products through the wringer in North American Fishing Club’s “Field Test Program.” So a highly qualified sample group received products and instructions for running the unique terminal tackle items through their paces.

Knot2Kinky found an audience of anglers who vex over fish that can bite back – namely pike, muskies, kingfish and shark. Leaders are lifelines to these fanatical folks. Sometimes grinding it out for hours for that one hellacious strike, there’s no room for equipment failure. And Knot2Kinky held the line.

Field Tester Theo Fernandez was most impressed by Knot2Kinky’s strength. “You'll break your rod before you break the Knot2Kinky leader. That's not fluff, it's the truth,” Fernandez filed in his report. In fact, nearly every tester first heralded Knot2Kinky’s strength.

As its name implies, Knot2Kinky, does its best to remain straight as a laser beam even after rumbling with lunkers. Field Tester Tod Tudor said, “It’s almost impossible to kink this stuff.”

Knot2Kinky’s unique properties of stretchability, ability to be tied, and corrosion-free promise were referenced often, too.

Overall, Knot2Kinky scored 82% when asked if the Field Tester would recommend the product. Two percentage points higher than the “80/20 Rule”…impressive.

Next up InvisaSwivel, the virtually weightless and transparent, self-lubricating, non-corrosive swivel. It had 83% of the Field Testers saying they appreciate its performance and validate the product’s claims.

Clearly, the number one most cited asset of the InvisaSwivel is its ability to clone the color of the water, essentially vanishing in environments from crystalline to Mississippi mud.

Field Testers also touted InvisaSwivel’s neutral buoyancy. This is a critical feature when your main spool line – mono, braid or superline – form a firm partnership with the leader line. The weight of a conventional metal swivel hampers overall performance by introducing unwanted weight. Consider a chunky swivel between your spooled line and leader, and then lure, say a crankbait. Pause your troll or retrieve and the leader line plummets like a pendulum, negatively reorienting the lure. With an InvisaSwivel, the swivel pauses and hangs right there with the bait.

Reassurance for both the manufacturer and purchaser is a good thing. Through the results of North American Fishing Club’s “Field Test Program, the team at Aquateko can continuing sleeping well at night – the angling community maintaining its trust in Knot2Kinky and InvisaSwivel.

About InvisaSwivel

Consider your preconceived notion of swivels forever changed. No more rusting on the bottom of your tackle box. The bulkiness and unwanted weight are history. InvisaSwivels are virtually indestructible; neutrally buoyant; invisible in the water; non-metallic, non-corrosive; and self-lubricating in the water, making them maintenance free.

About Knot2Kinky

Fish should consider removing their teeth before striking a lure tethered with Knot2Kinky. The knottable leader line is kink and bite resistant; never corrodes; stretches to offer that “shock absorber” effect to better hook fish; and is tougher and stronger than conventional titanium wire. Knot2Kinky is the perfect defense against freshwater and saltwater fish that have a knack for slicing the line.
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

Hi Jon,
Bill gave me one of the 12lb test models at the taping session. I put it on my best salmon trolling rod rod the next day and it has been there ever since. I've had no failures with it and it works well! If a local store was selling them I would purchase more. The hardest part for me was setting it up as my eyes had a tough time finding and threading my line thru the holes. You barely see the swivel on the line and as Bill said, it fits thru the guides on the rod enabling me to run a longer leader. Thumbs up!! Thanks Bill for introducing me to them!!
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

They work great. Datilios carries them.
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Although they appear to be a good product, I thought I'd stick with the trusty Sampo. I've had very few failures that result in line twist.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Can't find any, they are invisible.
Matt B
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

I ordered different sizes earlier this week on their web site and got them today.
Will put a few to the test against flounders and stripper bass in salt water and let you know the results.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
jona
Species: all

Post by jona »

I've ordered their titanium line in the past, love it for ice fishing. I never really looked at the swivels since I didn't have a practical use for them. Now that I have a trolling buddy on Champlain, I picked some up last weekend. One weekend doesn't make a good review, but I did enjoy them thoroughly. No line twist at all. Picked up salmon to 22" which was great, but I didn't really get to test the strength of them. The best part though, since I was a return customer for them, they sent a couple freebie samples as well. Just a heads up, threading them is a little difficult, make sure you have your good glasses on if you use any!
jona
Species: all

Post by jona »

I can't remember where exactly I saw the thread, but somewhere it mentioned people having line twist on their cheater/teaser rigs. So yesterday I tied one with about a foot of 17# mono, and attached 10# fluoro to an invisaswivel. Worked great, virtually no line twist. The other cheater line, had to deal with the usual line twist. Just thought I'd throw that out there....
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

I am very interested in trying out their new snap swivels due out in August
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

I am hoping for invisable hooks next!!!!!
Todd