major tournament ?

Share info on fishing Champlain.
lazycs

major tournament ?

Post by lazycs »

driving by the malletts bay fishing access and noticed a tent and stage with a ESPN outdoors van and a couple of poontoon boats mabye for weighing fish on the water?
anyone know of a major tourney this coming weekend?
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Re: major tournament ?

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

FLW

August 15th to Sunday 18th
JK47
Species: All Species

Post by JK47 »

September 15th

You thought that launch was busy on a regular weekend, stop by this weekend
vtbass
Species: Bass, Northern Pike, Muskie

Post by vtbass »

No - not FLW, Andre. The FLW Open tournament is 140 boats out of Plattsburg, NY, and has pros such as Jimmy Houston and Mike Iaconelli fishing it. That tournament is a 4-day tournament and starts Thursday Sept. 15, with a cut at the end of the 3 days on Saturday to the Top 10 who will fish on Sunday for the $125,000.

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/bassfishing/ ... champlain/

The tournament you saw, Mike, setting up in Mallet's Bay is the Bassmaster BASS Federation Nation's Eastern Region Divisional. This tournament starts Wednesday, Sept. 14, and goes three days, through Friday. This tournament is an amateur tournament featuring 12-person "teams" from Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York, Massachusetts, Ontario, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Maine. Each team member is randomly paired with another team member from another state or province, and fish for their own limits, which are then combined with the limits from their 11 other teammates, for a team weight over 3 days for the Team Championship.

In addition, the top finishing angler for each respective team goes to the Federation National tournament in February in Louisiana and fishes against 51 other Top Anglers from each state and province from their respective Region Divisionals. The top finishing angler at this National even from each respective region then gets a berth in the Bassmaster Classic.

Last year, Sean Alvarez, from Rutland Vermont, earned that Classic berth for the Eastern Region by finishing first in his division at the Nationals.

http://www.bassmaster.com/sites/default ... %20_2_.pdf

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/eastern- ... al-preview

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/arti ... -fisherman
Last edited by vtbass on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
rvq
Species: bass

Post by rvq »

It is hoped that having the Divisional tournament on the VT. side will be step toward bringing the big tournaments to the VT side of the lake. It is estimated that the B.A.S.S. and FLW tournaments on the lake in 2010 generated about $8,400,000 to the Plattsburgh economy. Also, as a side benefit Lake Champlain bass fishing has been linked to Plattsburgh because of these events. Many people not from the area don't know that Lake Champlain is in VT.
Having a major bass tournament on the VT side of the lake is #1 in my bucket list.

Bob
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

I spoke to a couple that had been fishing in the B.A.S.S. tournament, today, and had been blown off the lake by 6' waves along with 30 mph winds. They looked shell shocked. This was about 10:30 and I think they were done for the day. It was a NY boat.
vtfishin
Species: Salmon, Steel, eyes, bass...

Post by vtfishin »

I wanted to add that a coworker had a son fishing as a Jr. Jr (I think it was called) in this. The program and set up of the Pro taking out a kid that was a mentor to a younger kid thing was really cool to hear about. I am really impressed by the way they are getting kids engaged in fishing and out on the water. Pretty cool stuff in my opinion.