Net storage.

Share info on fishing Champlain.
mrwalleye

Net storage.

Post by mrwalleye »

I was just wondering what eveyone dose for net storage while fishing and traveling from spot to spot. I was putting two adjustable rod holder's on my boat for the nets, but was wondering how they would travel while running down the lake.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Net storage.

Post by Reelax »

I use rod trees that fit into tracks... I find adjustable holders have issues on plane with big nets...
Attachments
image.jpg
Matt B
JK47
Species: All Species

Post by JK47 »

I use 2 stainless clamps which hold the net horizontally against the gunwale on the port side. It's right there when you need it and doesn't interfere with casting or trolling.

They look like these:

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/prod ... al-Purpose
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

I have the great Lakes planer rocket launch system. There is an angled net holder on each upright that you face forward and it holds a large heavy ranger net. Same thing can be done with the tree relax shows.
SEMPER_FIshing
Species: Trouts

Post by SEMPER_FIshing »

I have Rod trees as well but my nets stay in pvc tube style rod holders that are mounted on the fronts of the consoles at an angle so not in front of windshields. Have 1 on both sides and they are an easy reach and completely out of the way. I like having all the rod holders in the back of the boat open unless in use incase I have to move stuff fast. I have 18 Rod holders in the back of my 16ftr and still want the net up and out of the way. That being said if I'm fishing alone I have a net in my "shoot" holder for easy accessibility.