March 12 Winter Workshop/Seminar Summary:

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

March 12 Winter Workshop/Seminar Summary:

Post by digitroll (ron) »

A packed house yesterday afternoon at the Robert Miller Center again!

Huge thanks to our presenters: Bill Ardren / Tori Pinhiero / Matt Trombley and visiting Mike Wichrowski and Brian Chipman in attendance from VTFW.

We had a special visit by Jake Cunavelis president of Mt. Mansfield Media who filmed part of our seminar and will be working on a 45 second promo of these great events to be released at a later date. Jake and his team have done a lot of work exposing Vermont's Hunting and Fishing opportunities and the outstanding work our Fish and Wildlife have done managing our resource. Thanks Jake for filming our event! If you haven't seen there latest film "Human Nature" please click on this link:

http://yankeeclassic.net/human-nature/

I wanted to thank Dean Dennis for running this event as it take a lot of work to coordinate all the moving parts in the background. Bill Lowell for organizing the speaking agenda and getting us top notch people every time. Gerry and his son David from Montreal helping with the filming of the speakers for the second time this year. All the sponsors to be named later by Dean that contribute prizes for our drawing. I will be posting video from each speaker in the next day or so.

Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
dragnballs
Species: if it swims, Iwill fish for it

Re: March 12 Winter Workshop/Seminar Summary:

Post by dragnballs »

Great time last night. Lots of great info and prizes, and got to see old friends that I haven't seen in far too long!!!! Thanks Dean and every one that helped put this great event together
Kevin
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Dean, Bill, and everyone,

What a great job again! The speakers and everything were the tops.

Michael
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

It's amazing how a group of a few friends, gathering in a garage to make lures and talk fishing, would turn into a northeast community event. I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to attend the seminars over the past 5 years. I want to thank everyone involved in the outstanding success of the seminars. We all love to fish and think we know our lake, until we see the science. We think we have it figured out until the fish show us the real thing. Incredible lessons to learn. All because of a few buddies that wanted more. Yes, AMAZING!!!!
Oh yeah, great door prizes, too. :D
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

You hit the nail right on the head, Fred. It's been a pleasure to help this evolve to where we're at now. Fun stuff.

Thanks to all who attended.... the folks and companies who exhibited and donated their fine products, and
a big thanks to the guest speakers who all had wonderful presentations.
It's great to always have support from VTFW with the presence of Brian Chipman & Mike Wichrowski.
Also, a big thanks to Dean, Rob, Ron, Gecha, David & Andre for pulling off these events.
Bill
Bill
"POINTER"
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

GREAT JOB BY EVERYONE INVOLVED TO MAKE THESE EVENTS AS GOOD AS THEY ARE. THANK YOU!
edthehook
Species: SALMON

Post by edthehook »

We don't know most of the organizers by name, only by sight from having attended the last four seminars. They do such a great job in putting these
events together, it is difficult to find the proper words to express our gratitude, except to say THANKS. For Leon and me, the trip up from Conn. has always been worthwhile. Hope to talk to you on the lake soon.
Ed