converse sat 4/7

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
northernnightmare
Species: the finned variety

converse sat 4/7

Post by northernnightmare »

After a morning of watching my kids hunt for easter eggs and then decorate there own I finally got to sneek away around noon with my buddy to go hit the lake. Headed to converse. Hit the ramp and the wind wasnt that bad. Made one pass along garden island and hooked up a 4lb laker. Spent another 2 hours fighting the wind and never hooked another fish. Marked lots of fish and bait and saw a few other boats. The one laker came on a black/white honeybee, 2.7mph off a slide diver. Still havnt put silver in the boat this year. Maybe next time.
OKRA II Not just a Veggie!!
muskytime
Species: Bass/Salmon

Re: converse sat 4/7

Post by muskytime »

Hi i was one of the other boat Saturday !

We launch at Converse ramp and go south next bay, don't know the name, saw another boat trolling there all day.

We had 2 lakers and no silver torpedo, water still very cold 39-40f.

Big bait fish patch stick on bottom in 27' of water, lakers came from jointed blue Rapala 4" on lead core 2,8mph.

First time for my partner with planer board and downrigger, we had a adventure when i was busy to unhooked a laker he stopped the gaz the boat turn a little and the planer line passed under the boat, than when i realized i asked him to go forward ........ouffff planer line turn with the propeller than i saw the planer arrived in the motor and climbed on the downrigger cable !!!!!!!!

Half a hour later we were back fishing with out the planer board :P

The view is fantastic there !!
Claude ;)