Mexico Bay St Patricks Day Weekend

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Mexico Bay St Patricks Day Weekend

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Made the drive again this weekend. Boy did things change in a week. Last Sun we had 38 deg water was our warmest. Sat morn all our water was 43-48 deg. We were unable to put a program together on Sat. We did a slow pic all day on different stickbaits. Firetiger black and silver goland silver Blue and silver all fired at there respective times.here is 5 fish we kept
Image.
We fished yesterday for 14 hours but the stay was worth while as right at dark I was rewarded with this 9 lbr Ended the day 13 for 19
Sun brought more change . The south winds Lowered the water temps by 4-5 degrees. We did manage another 9 browns today by noon Mostly on black and silver sticks. Here are a few pictures.
Scott
So many Lures So little Time
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Mexico Bay St Patricks Day Weekend

Post by raz »

Dang those are beautiful
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Dukdog
Species: Salmon

Re: Mexico Bay St Patricks Day Weekend

Post by Dukdog »

It looks great Scott!! Sorry I didn't make it over. I'll watch the weather and try again next month. I did make it out on Sebago yesterday. Water temp 35.3 to 35.4 top to bottom.
Dragged boards for salmon, and went deep for togue on the riggers. only 2 releases both on a moonshine green dancing anchovy at 88 feet. Lakers were stacked over incredible amounts of alewives which were below 100 feet. Solid layer of bait up to 40 feet thick stretching for a couple miles!!! not much surprise that they weren't hitting much with that much bait in there.

I heard of some salmon action on the north end of the lake.