mexico bay 4/17-4/19

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
finsntins
Species: salmon

mexico bay 4/17-4/19

Post by finsntins »

very tough weekend.didnt put alot of time in as we are still trying to get some things wrapped up on the boat,but we never moved a rod all weekend!!!!fished around the little salmon friday,catfish to the high rocks on saturday and the big salmon sunday.water cleared up from last weekend,there were small pockets of stained water but were not holding fish.good colored water off the big river yesterday,but no takers.i had a fewe buddies that also got skunked on saturday,but did a few fish on sunday.this weekend doesnt look much better with cold weather predicted all week.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: mexico bay 4/17-4/19

Post by Reelax »

That sucks... Hope it picks up for when we get there 5/2-5/6..

Thanks for the report
Matt B
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

we need some warm weather to get the temps.up.the fish were right tight to shore where there was a little color.the drift boats and smaller boats were able to get into some fish.i hope so too,we will be there that whole week.last year we did very well that week.dosent look that good for getting out this weekend,if we do,i will post our results.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

my son and i missed you by a little sunday finsntins. we didnt do well there off the rocks so we headed up to selkirk state park and fished off the rocks approx 4:03 pm . ist cast i landed a 18 inch brown and then it was non stop action until we left at dark. landed several but nothing big and lost some bigger ones especially my son. i lost what we think was a nice coho not far from the net. it was a blast and they were smashing our lures . ill post a pic of my new blue holographic lure whats left of the color. it was new out of the pack when i put it on at selkirk. monday morning because of the winds our charter was off so we fished sandy creek for awhile with no luck but i did manage to lose one and my son had trout pull the hooks right off his rooster tail. we then went back down to mexico point little salmon river for one more try with not much luck but my son lost a beast of a steelhead that just flew out of the water and came off. his line as he was reeling just went slack and the steelhead was heading into the river. we both will never forget that fish. a beast. looking to head back up there soon.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

thats great to hear fishy,glad you were able to get some action,thats a long ride down for you guys.maybe get you out on the lake and hit some salmon!!!!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote:thats great to hear fishy,glad you were able to get some action,thats a long ride down for you guys.maybe get you out on the lake and hit some salmon!!!!
4 hours and 10 minutes up and 4 hours and 25 minutes back. a little more traffic. but we will be back. would love to get into the kings i never caught one but my son has? tight lines.