Fairhaven,Oswego or Mexico Bay...

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
lundfisherman64
Species: salmon,trout

Fairhaven,Oswego or Mexico Bay...

Post by lundfisherman64 »

Schedule to go down to LO by end of next week for the first time. Is it to early?? Where is the best place to launch at each location. Thanks for the help.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Fairhaven,Oswego or Mexico Bay...

Post by Reelax »

Better plan on being west of fairhaven. The rest may have ice bergs...
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Cabin is book from April 17th to the 23rd.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

im booked for april 19th and 20th.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Enjoy guys. The vt group I went with a couple if years ago will also be at the state park that week. Should be fun. Good luck and good weather
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

we are heading to mexico bay next saturday,will post conditions.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Post by jusfishin »

We will be there from the 17th til the 26th. Last I knew the lake was free in Fair Haven, waiting on Little Sodus to open up to launch. May have changed since I last heard. Stop in if your around...Cabin 2 and cabin 4...
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

talked to a friend today,he said the main channel of the little salmon is open,still some ice on the shoreline.ice is breaking up in the main lake.looking at this weeks forecast,i think the ice will be gone by next weekend.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote:talked to a friend today,he said the main channel of the little salmon is open,still some ice on the shoreline.ice is breaking up in the main lake.looking at this weeks forecast,i think the ice will be gone by next weekend.
thanks. i got a pm last night and there catching browns and in good numbers.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

got an email last night looks like were good to go next weekend barring any blowbacks.
Shortstop
Species: Any

Post by Shortstop »

Check out Coastwatch website..... As of April 11 at 6:30, most of the ice is north of Oswego.
http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/ ... 3.250m.jpg
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

made the first trip today.launched the boat yesterday,but it was blowing pretty bad,so headed out this morning with a guy from l.o.u.on his boat to get him used to fishing with big boards.we doubled twice and trippled once and then one here and there.fished for 3 hours and went 10 for 15 or so.green spoons and silver and black sticks seemed to work best.most were small,but did a 7 lber.he then dropped me off so i could get out on my boat for a shake down.fished from noon till 3 and went 3 for12.all small fish,but did have 4 on at once which was fun with just 2 of us on the boat.fish were right outside the little salmon in the muddy water the river was pushing out.nice to be out and looking forward to next weekend.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote:made the first trip today.launched the boat yesterday,but it was blowing pretty bad,so headed out this morning with a guy from l.o.u.on his boat to get him used to fishing with big boards.we doubled twice and trippled once and then one here and there.fished for 3 hours and went 10 for 15 or so.green spoons and silver and black sticks seemed to work best.most were small,but did a 7 lber.he then dropped me off so i could get out on my boat for a shake down.fished from noon till 3 and went 3 for12.all small fish,but did have 4 on at once which was fun with just 2 of us on the boat.fish were right outside the little salmon in the muddy water the river was pushing out.nice to be out and looking forward to next weekend.
thanks you had fun. im surprised you didnt get anything over 7 lbs. did you stay right on the mud line both trips out? cant wait to get out there this coming sunday.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

we fished the mud line,thats where we had 4 on.the guy i fished with in the morning wound up getting a 7,8,and 11lber.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote:we fished the mud line,thats where we had 4 on.the guy i fished with in the morning wound up getting a 7,8,and 11lber.
thats what i want to hear. are you going to be out there april 19th if you are and you troll down by the selkirk state park stop by.