info for mexico bay lake o

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
finsntins
Species: salmon

info for mexico bay lake o

Post by finsntins »

hey guys,just joined your site.i fish mexico bay on lake o and would be happy to help answer any questions you may have on that part of the lake.im no expert,but spend just about every weekend on the lake from ice out till the end of the salmon run.if any of you are on lake ontario united,you have seen my posts.i am not bashful,like some guys,on sharing info.so,feel free to ask questions,i have saved this site and will check it as much as i can.if you are on l.o.u.send me a pm there.also,i love taking people out,so if you are interested in coming down,let me know,i usually have room.maybe swap a trip to come up and fish champ.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
jusgrinnin
Species: warm&cold

Re: info for mexico bay lake o

Post by jusgrinnin »

finsntins wrote:hey guys,just joined your site.i fish mexico bay on lake o and would be happy to help answer any questions you may have on that part of the lake.im no expert,but spend just about every weekend on the lake from ice out till the end of the salmon run.if any of you are on lake ontario united,you have seen my posts.i am not bashful,like some guys,on sharing info.so,feel free to ask questions,i have saved this site and will check it as much as i can.if you are on l.o.u.send me a pm there.also,i love taking people out,so if you are interested in coming down,let me know,i usually have room.maybe swap a trip to come up and fish champ.
He's also a little like a crow he likes shinny spoons :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome J
BARRT
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

I flew over the Big O last week. Locked up on the eastern shore as far west as about Sodus Bay.

As for Champlain - the only open waters are the ferry channels.

So you don't have an ice breaker do you? If you, we'd help you launch it.

Welcome to Champ United.
Black Ghost (Ken)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Welcome to. LCU. I'll be out that way for browns the 1st week of May.

Fish on!
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

thanks guys,reelax we will be there all week for the loc.always have the vhf on,fish fighter is the name of the boat.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

i have known you now for a couple of months on the ontario forum and your not shy about giving info or inviting fisherman out to fish with you. ill be there in mexico bay april 19th and 20th for browns. hopefully we can meet up but i think you said your boat probably wont be launched then. welcome to the lake champlain forum great guys and fisherman.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

actually fishy im shooting for that weekend to put her in.ill let you know.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote:actually fishy im shooting for that weekend to put her in.ill let you know.
yes please do i would at least like to meet you and then maybe we can hook up fishing later in the year. my son would really enjoy that. is it spring yet.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

nope,it was 10 below here this morning!!!!!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote:nope,it was 10 below here this morning!!!!!
its going to warm up according to the latest weather reports. we hope.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote:actually fishy im shooting for that weekend to put her in.ill let you know.
i heard ontario is ice free as of march 28th. what have you heard?
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

fishy1 wrote:
i heard ontario is ice free as of march 28th. what have you heard?
this is what it looks like as of today, click on image..

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/ ... p?region=o&
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

its ice free west of sodus.mexico bay is still ice as far as the eye can see.see what the next couple days will do.
sanileg
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by sanileg »

Hi Welcome to LCU, I fish Lake O on the Canadian side in the Port Darlington area for Salmon and Steelhead. Should be heading to Mexico Bay for spring browns if all goes well on April 18-19. Always good to know a local!!

Do you know if there's some kind of fishermen gathering on the 17 at a local bar or restaurant that we could go to meet and discuss with other fellow fishermen?
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

sanileg wrote:Hi Welcome to LCU, I fish Lake O on the Canadian side in the Port Darlington area for Salmon and Steelhead. Should be heading to Mexico Bay for spring browns if all goes well on April 18-19. Always good to know a local!!

Do you know if there's some kind of fishermen gathering on the 17 at a local bar or restaurant that we could go to meet and discuss with other fellow fishermen?
hi:
we will be there in pulaski the 19th and 20th for steelies and browns. we will be leaving here early in the morning and should be there around 11 am . our plans are for the is part is to fish the salmon river and then head to selkirk wall for spin casting for browns off shore. then on monday we have a 8 hour charter out of pulaski. shoot me a pm.