what a great year!!!!

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
finsntins
Species: salmon

what a great year!!!!

Post by finsntins »

it is very sad to see such a great year of salmon fishing come to an end,but it was very welcomed after the last couple being very tough.hopefully next year is as good as this past!!!!
DSC_0074.JPG
DSC_0074.JPG
DSC_0064.JPG
Attachments
DSC_0090.JPG
IMG_0237.JPG
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
digitroll (ron)

Re: what a great year!!!!

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice photos! It was a memorable year on the Big O... Easily in the top 10 category (numbers of salmon landed) for us since 1982 for our combined Spring and Fall trips for a total of 6 days of fishing.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

really glad things turned around out there for you . looks very promising for the future. harry and i spent a week at niagara bar and did very well for the kings which was really surprising since this was our ist experience trolling for kings.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

well,just to add to the great fishing this year,we towed out to mexico this past weekend to try some December trolling, which we never have done before.saturday we caught 7 browns and 2 rainbows,small fish between 18 and 21 inches,but still was fun putting fish in the boat in December.sunday we decided to try some new landscape and maybe find some bigger fish.we went the first 2 hours not moving a rod and was starting to think maybe we should have fished were we were on Saturday but then rigger fires and we knew it was a bigger fish,few minutes later and a beautiful 8+lb brown is in the boat.let him back and then it was on for the next 2 hours.we landed 2 doubles and 2 triples and picked away at them in between,think we wound up somewhere around 14 for 17,few fish in the 3 to 5 lb range,the rest in that 18 to 21 inch.all browns and 1 steelhead.boat is put away now,cant wait for spring!!!!!
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Great to hear the fishing has come around for you guys out there. I wonder though, were you the only ones out this past trip or is cold weather fishing popular there?
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

Saturday we were the only ones out,but sunday there was 2 trailers at the state launch when we went by,but they could have been duck hunting.we have never fished this late,but I would say that there is not much,if any frostbite fishing out there!!!if I keep hearing bout the big salmon being caught on champ,i may just have to head that way instead!!!!
digitroll (ron)

Nice!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

that is awseome you got out there in december. i was told by several fisherman out your way they are catching nice browns along the shore line casting.there are a few frostbiters out there but i mostly shorefisherman. good job finintins.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

thanks matt,im sure that you can catch browns from shore all winter long,but we couldn't get anything to hit inside 15 fow,all our fish were caught between 15 and 50 fow,with 20 to 25 fow being the best.
digitroll (ron)

It amazes me more people don't fish November into December on Lake Ontario. With forums like Spoon Pullers / LOU / GLA it would seem others would be sharing or at least trying to get out.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

i think a lot of guys are more into hunting that time of the year,next winter i will be keeping our little boat at the marina inside,so any weekend with no wind,we will be out!!!!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

found out last week that most were being caught in niagara bar area but 2 trollers in mexico bay were getting nice browns in 10 to 25 fow. one shore fisherman fishing that area says you have to put your time in
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Warm water discharge from power plants provided fantastic fishing all winter, until Homeland security began enforcing proximity rules. Better safe than sorry! But prior to that we could catch browns in shirt sleeves, all winter at the Gannet Nuclear Plant if there was a south wind and could anchor near the discharge tubes.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
digitroll (ron)

Spring will be here soon!

finsntins

Post by finsntins »

no better sound in the world!!!!!!