Fish Hawk X2

Buy and sell fishing equipment.
Papatom
Species: Salmon

Fish Hawk X2

Post by Papatom »

Just purchased. Used 3 outings. Works fine, I just dont see the vale in it. $650.

dry net
Species: cold water

Re: Fish Hawk X2

Post by dry net »

The value is mostly speed at the ball, temp gives you a place to start. Good luck!!!

Papatom

Post by Papatom »

What temp do start at? Silver comfort temp or break point of thermocline or either.

ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Post by ReelInvestment »

Speed at the ball is crucial. There is currents in Champlain and to be more successful each trip you have to know what speed at the ball is working best for you on any given day. (Especially for salmon) As for temps, I normally start at 55 degrees and then fish marks/bait as I see them, either above or below your starting temp.

dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

ReelInvestment wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:40 pm
Speed at the ball is crucial. There is currents in Champlain and to be more successful each trip you have to know what speed at the ball is working best for you on any given day. (Especially for salmon) As for temps, I normally start at 55 degrees and then fish marks/bait as I see them, either above or below your starting temp.
What he said

Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Fishing without a fishhawk is just boating...

Most important data providing unit on the boat... :o

Thermocline yesterday varied by 5 deg within 200 yards of horizontal location..... we wouldn’t have landed multi salmon without it....

Current was .4-.6 mph, without the fish Hawk we woulda spun out out lures in one direction and gotten little to no action in the other... :oops:

This fish was caught because of the fishhawk data yesterday. :D
Attachments
0DCA08D0-9B75-4762-95A1-5EEFFD9D8414.jpeg
0DCA08D0-9B75-4762-95A1-5EEFFD9D8414.jpeg (144.94 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Matt B

TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Reelax wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:59 am
Fishing without a fishhawk is just boating...

Most important data providing unit on the boat... :o

Thermocline yesterday varied by 5 deg within 200 yards of horizontal location..... we wouldn’t have landed multi salmon without it....

Current was .4-.6 mph, without the fish Hawk we woulda spun out out lures in one direction and gotten little to no action in the other... :oops:

This fish was caught because of the fishhawk data yesterday. :D
The more I read about the "FishHawk," the more I see the Value.Reelax, you just totally convinced me that it is almost a necessity to have! "Without a Fishhawk it is just Boating."

Few questions, if you don't mind :roll: :?: :roll:
Does anyone have any videos of them using/demonstrating a Fishhawk? I believe it has it's own screen for Data, but Do you or Can you hook it into your Fishfinder accessory port? I am unfamiliar with them, but I am completely intrigued. I never considered the fact that the ball could be going a different speed due to currents. Also, how accurate are the temp readings? It seems that they are quite precise. Lastly, do some of the Fishhawk products also have a Camera? I thought I read that somewhere

Maybe there's someone out there with a Used and available for sale Fishhawk set up, that would be interested in a Trade?? :?: :idea: :?: :)

Papatom

Post by Papatom »

I not going to sell x2.
Left this post open so others could take advantage of the curent comments.

Thans for advice.

Capt Kirk

Post by Capt Kirk »

I have often thought this would be a valuable conversation for a winter meeting…

Data collection:
Using todays technology to refine your hunt for salmon.
It can certainly be confusing figuring out what data sets to trust, how to interpret and most importantly how to use the data to your advantage.

I run a fishhawk, an old lowrance surface paddle wheel, navionics with SOG, newer lowrance with SOG…
4 sets of data…5 including surface speed on FH…
It can, it does, it will continue to totally F with my head some days…until you figure out what it all means:)

I would certainly be interested in listening to others methods of using todays Tech.
I still dont know how to use all the tech to its fullest?

Anyone want to show me how to drop a waypoint on my iPhone navionics?

How to link fishhawks Bluetooth to an ipad and store days data sets? Can you overlay that to your navionics and store your trip? Can i hack into crazyivans tablet and track his waypoints?

cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

I bought a used fishhawk back mid summer from crazy Ivan an will say it's the best investment for my boat. Before having one I could normally put fish in the boat only traveling one direction an not the other an I'm guessing that was due to current an incorrect speed at the ball. Now I can pull fish both directions. Taken me many yrs to get where I'm at today but, that with alot of input from so many on this site. Few I will say crazy Ivan, reelax, Raz, an many others without their input I would still be just dragging spoons an washing them.