Smoked Salmon Tacos

Share your recipes! We all love to eat!
crabman
Species: salmon

Smoked Salmon Tacos

Post by crabman »

Tired of the same old smoked salmon. No? Well neither am I, but this is a fun variation.
Ingredients: Please note that these are suggested ingredients and can be varied in any way that makes you happy.
Smoked salmon
Finely shredded or sliced cabbage
Chopped tomatoes
1/2 avocado
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp. Chile powder
1/2 cup cilantro
salt and freshly ground pepper
4 Soft flour tacos 8 or 10 inch.
Method:
Make a sauce from the Mayo, sour cream, avocado, chile powder and cilantro Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend for about 25 seconds. You want a little heat, add a little Tabasco to the sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Remember if it tastes strong to you here, it will mellow out with all the other stuff on the taco.
Take a the taco shell and toss it in a dry hot skillet. I throw mine on the open gas flam of my stove, turn it and keep it moving until it starts to bubble.
Lay the hot shell down and put a layer of the cabbage down the center of the circle, then the salmon. Break the salmon into pieces, it is easier to manage.
Now the tomatoes and then the sauce. Roll the taco or fold it. Try to remember how the sauce tasted and put enough sauce to make the taco taste good to you. Chances are everyone will like what you like.

These amounts are really arbitrary. As my dad used to say on many a construction job, "do it nice but remember, we aren't building a piano here..."
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Smoked Salmon Tacos

Post by raz »

That sounds delicious...anything with cilantro in it makes me drool!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry