Heijac on reelax 11/1/10

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Heijac on reelax 11/1/10

Post by Reelax »

[quote author=heijac board=reports thread=6687 post=65860 time=1288660622]Well, it sure felt strange today, being out on the water, all bundled up in my deer hunting clothes. Pretty good NNW chop. The goal for the day was to cover water in preparation for the Shootout. We set up just north of Thompsons, and landed our first fish within minutes, a fat 16" salmon, and what turned out to be the first of many clones. At this point, I cant even remember which fish came on what lure! We made one big loop from Thompsons to SR, then south to the Palisades, back north through the VT side of the Narrows, then back to SR. The fish were very active, pretty much everywhere we found bait, we found clones! For the first time in 3 trips with Matt, the riggers outfished the Lite-Bites. Ran 1 clean, 1 with pink and silver blades, 50-65 down, with a few fish coming on the free sliders. For the first couple of hours, watermelon colors were the hot lure, with copper back, and chrome back both firing. Also picked up a couple of fish on a cop-car, and a nice 19" Steelie (I finally cracked the code!) coming on a retro green/copper HB. Then, the last hour or so, green and yellow was what they wanted. Had several doubles on, and a short flurry where we could'nt keep a lure down, as quick as we set up, it would fire again!. We ended up with 20 salmon ( all 15-18" ), 2 steelhead, and 1 small laker. Great day on the water, but no luck finding the big guys today. Look forward to seeing everybody at the shootout!
[/quote]