Converse 7/3/10

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Converse 7/3/10

Post by Reelax »

Had plan to give Converse a shot on Saturday with my wife. We got down there around 8am and dropped the boat in the water. Motor started much harder than normal, then cut out just after we got out past Gardiners Island. Long story short, we ended up not getting motor started and had to settle for a few hours of trolling with the Motor Guide out in front of Garndiners. No releases, but Theresa enjoyed the new area of the lake for her, and wants to come back.

Monday, after a good flush with starting fluid, I had the boat
ready to try again. (seems to be ethanol related prob, now that I have to run it!)

Hit Converse around 8:30am with Razzle-Dazzle... Ran over the
SplitRock and setup headed south.
Weather was out of South and started out very pleasent...
We setup up 2 riggers and 2 slide divers running between
45 and 85 in about 140-300 FOW.

After a handfull of shakers and a perch, we had a nice heavy release and a fish took good line on its first run. He hit the air
toward the end of the run, but after getting some line back, he headed on another tear, and he spit the hook on me on that run.

After swaping up some colors and heading back up to Wealons
bay, Gerry boated a nice laker... He may claim, I sped up durring his fight to increase the difficulty on him, but I SWEAR I was just trying to keep the boat straight in the 15+ MPH wind... ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du4DuJ9FRKI
He was able to get him aboard, and he was around 5lbs...
After strippin him of the lamprey hitchhiker he had, we sent
him back clean...

Then, as we trolled south back by split rock, we had another
release.. Not big as the earlier ripper, but he ended up being
22" silver..
He didn't fight very hard, as he had a large lamprey
attached that require a wrench to remove...

He hit on a Honey Bee Kop-Car running 150ft of line on a slide diver set at 2.5 to the side.

Around 3pm, the weather started coming outta the east, and it
didn't look good. We shot back across to VT and got the boat back on the trailer before it really started pouring hard...

A very enjoyable day on the water, even though we worked hard for what we ended up with. Glad to have the motor running flawlessly all day, after episode 2 days earlier...