July 3rd inland sea

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

July 3rd inland sea

Post by Reelax »

Spent the hot weather over the Holiday floating around the pond with the wife trying to stay cool and looking for some salmon... Started on the 3rd out of Apple Island, Very nice and sunny, but a little bumpy.
Theresa had a nice salmon on that went on a couple of runs, I shot some video of the fight, and he comes out of the water in the middle of the video, sounds like Theresa is having fun...
Kept Marking some fish, so we stayed in the area...

We ended up going 3 for 5 of legal salmon with a few shakers and perch mixed in.. I got this salmon that had cuts across it
skin, and a nice hooked lower jaw... He came on a green honeybee.
We focused on 100-125 fow running between 2.4 and 2.9gps. Most of the fish came from 30-50 fow
suspended. Pink taped bronze Honey Bee was the best lure of the day.

On the 5th we went up North, tried to put in at Hathaway's, but the mess at the ramp and no parking pushed us out to Kill Kare.
Had Theresa's mom aboard, so we hoped to show her some action. We headed up to Maquam Shore and picked up a couple of shakers and a small brown. Just wasn't the fishing we had hoped for, but the day was beautiful.

On the 6th, it was just Theresa and I and we put in at Apple Island again. The lake was flat, so we decided to make a run up around Ladd pt and hit the broad lake thru the gut.. We fished
down toward the ferry, but the action seemed to be in the middle deeper water. Running around 145ft, we picked up some smaller salmon. Then Theresa got the nice fish of the day.. A 21" salmon that jumped right at the back of the boat after a good little battle. Sorry about the pick quality, but he was about to get cut;)

After 3 of 4 days on the lake getting baked in the sun.. I think it is time to take a couple of days off.. While the HHH weather didn't help the fishin, it sure made the weekend enjoyable..

Tight lines all!