Whallons 11/20

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Whallons 11/20

Post by Dilly Worm »

Got a late start Saturday and launched at Converse just as the wind was picking up. I'd been meaning to meet up with the Country angler and another boat, but family things kept me tied up and they were heading out as I was finally launching. Talked with Reelax on the radio and got some helpful tips on where the Salmon were biting, and headed over.

Ended up going 6/8, all caught fish were small lakers with the biggest one about 2 ft long and the smallest one being absolutely tiny. It came during the most exciting moment of the day (aside from crossing back to VT as the waves were picking up)... the downrigger rod was bouncing pretty good and it turned out to be doubles, with the bigger fish on a sliding cheater. Trying to get the net under it, the fish disappeared and took a nice HB MP-6 with it (I should have retied the leader on that cheater since it has been busy the last few weeks and must have been weakened from the last few fish...) that left me with the other half of the double, this tiny laker which hit a CI Fat Buzzy that was around 50 feet down. The larger (relatively speaking) fish that day came on 5 colors of lead and a #1 HB spoiled ham, and the smaller ones came on the main downrigger lure at 50'.

smallest-laker-ever.jpg
smallest-laker-ever.jpg (186.11 KiB) Viewed 625 times
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Re: Whallons 11/20

Post by Detritus »

Sorry we couldn't share the water with you, we had a wicked busy weekend, and had to run.

Glad your rods were popping though, sounds like it was busy out there for a solo trip.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Whallons 11/20

Post by Reelax »

Good to see ya out there Dilly.... thanks for the fun read and the radio report Sunday...
Matt B