Pory Henry - 11/15

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Pory Henry - 11/15

Post by ChessieMan »

Mentally, I was somewhere between persistence and insanity Sunday morning - So I went fishing - Hi hopes and low expectations.

Launched out of PH at 7:45 - and started exploring - fishing dipsy w/Wonder Bread and DR w/SunRise Speedi - hit the two 50' hole out front - marked but no bites - trolled up along the RR tracks in hopes of stumbling on some spawning lakers, but only stubbed my toe - nothing at Beaver Brook either.

Head to Fishville and worked in and out over 100 foot line from NY east to Mud Island on the VT side - the screen looked like a "polar bear in a snow storm"

Crossed back to Dudley and started south - started to see small bait balls in the 50-70 depths - changed dipsy to a rainbow HB and DR to purple/black HB - almost immediately the dipsy slams down - Fish On! - small laker - I'm looking like a genius! But that didn't last, infact I went another hour without a bump - then just south of Mullen's I popped another small laker on the dipsy and that ended the day.

Encouraging - a bit more life, water temp @ 49F from surface to 75' - coincidence or not all 5 fish in last two trips have been on a 3-1/4" dipsy 30 pulls back -

Weather looks like "dog-doo" this week so they'll be getting a break
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Re: Pory Henry - 11/15

Post by Detritus »

"Dipsey Slammed Down"

That's what its all about. We went a long, long, time this fall without seeing a rod fire, clicker go off, bobbing rod tip. We caught fish, but, little hitchikers aren't all that exciting compared to the bigger ones. I think you're right though, there are signs of life starting to show up out there. It seems like the fish are moving around fast though. I suppose the temperature of the lake is changing as fast as it ever does in any given year though as well.

Thanks for the report. Maybe we'll fish down your way sometime this fall, and hang out on the radio. Do you have a VHF?
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

Yes, I have a VHF - when it's working I'm on 68
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Ok, I thought that might have been you, the one with the intermittent VHF. I'm pretty sure last year we were fishing down that way in the fall, and tried calling you, but didn't get an answer. Later on, we found out your radio works only sometimes, haha. It might have even been the day that Dilly Worm took my Avatar picture. That was taken down near Cole Island somewhere.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack