Westport - 11/10

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Westport - 11/10

Post by ChessieMan »

Scott and I launched out of Westport Wednesday and headed north to Whalon's at a full head of steam - got to Split Rock put out 4 rods - two dipsys and two DR - surface temp 53F, had issues finding a defined thermocline - in and out around.

Trolled in and out from 100 -350 FoW for two hours without a bump or release - no birds, no bait, no nothing. Taking the hint, hauled up and went "In search of___" - found some cooperative fish off Thompson's Point in 70-90 FoW - 2 lake trout, one small salmon and a couple of "hit & runs" in 35 minutes - area where we got the hits was very small - tried running down the edge at the same depth all the way to Diamond but not another release.

A stiff westerly came up around 11:30 so we moved to NY side and fished down to Snake Den - again no bites. Wind died off a bit - went to finish up at Scotch Bonnet - a couple of bait balls at 120, bit not much else.

Called it in at 1:30 - nice day, good company and we did catch a few - hits were on a Wonder Bread w/gold back, Blue/White w/ brass back and Orange/brass HB - 2.4-2.6 - all heading south.

Stayed dry at the launch, so I stopped in and visited with with Fishy for a while.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Westport - 11/10

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report Ed. Hopefully the action will pickup once the surface temp drops a few more degrees..
Matt B
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Re: Westport - 11/10

Post by troutcrazy »

Thanks for the report! I'm really looking forward to getting after the salmon again in the kayak. I could wear myself out trying to find them before they're even biting if it weren't for these reports! I have made one serious attempt already, and a couple smaller attempts while fishing for other species.