Frostbite Tournament In Real Time

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Mike8484
Species: Trout

Re: Frostbite Tournament In Real Time

Post by Mike8484 »

How big was the winning fish?
fishfarmer
Species: Piscies

Post by fishfarmer »

Mike8484 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:55 pm How big was the winning fish?
23.5 inches long, 5 lbs 6.5 oz...if I remember correctly. Only fish weighed in.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice to see you Jack out there and the kids! Great turnout and food! Thanks for the live reports!
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

I think we were the furthest South of everyone. We launched at Arnold's Bay at 6:30 am and made it across to the NY side at Stevenson Bay by first light. Trolled along the NY side north and into Northwest Bay (Westport). Had one release early but no one home. Marking fish 25 - 60 ft down. Only saw 2 other boats that far south. On the way out of Northwest Bay into the Narrows, my cousin landed a small salmon that we released. No hits at all in the narrows. We trolled all the way up to the Water Witch and into Town Farm Bay. Just into Town Farm Bay, I lost a silver that jumped out of the water and came off. My cousin also lost a good fish that hit hard. We found the Country Angler next to us and talked a bit. My cousin got a small Laker in Town Farm Bay. We decided not to make it to land to the event as my cousin had to go to work. With deer season starting on this coming Saturday, I winterized and put away the boat on Sunday. I think that was my longest troll of the season. Had a fun season with the highlight winning the DYP with Dean. See you all in April.
small salmon shoot out.jpg
small salmon shoot out.jpg (102.42 KiB) Viewed 908 times
FishPole Thinking
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

AmFishFil Thinking wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:47 pm I think we were the furthest South of everyone. We launched at Arnold's Bay at 6:30 am and made it across to the NY side at Stevenson Bay by first light. Trolled along the NY side north and into Northwest Bay (Westport). Had one release early but no one home. Marking fish 25 - 60 ft down. Only saw 2 other boats that far south. On the way out of Northwest Bay into the Narrows, my cousin landed a small salmon that we released. No hits at all in the narrows. We trolled all the way up to the Water Witch and into Town Farm Bay. Just into Town Farm Bay, I lost a silver that jumped out of the water and came off. My cousin also lost a good fish that hit hard. We found the Country Angler next to us and talked a bit. My cousin got a small Laker in Town Farm Bay. We decided not to make it to land to the event as my cousin had to go to work. With deer season starting on this coming Saturday, I winterized and put away the boat on Sunday. I think that was my longest troll of the season. Had a fun season with the highlight winning the DYP with Dean. See you all in April.
small salmon shoot out.jpg
We might have seen you lose that fish. I could have sworn I saw you reeling in a line, and a fish jumped, but then, you just reeled in a dodger and fly or something, and it made me second guess what I had seen. Were you out in front of the mansion area when you lost that fish?
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Yes, that was it in front of the mansion and it was that time. It was a #1 Dipsey Diver with a Crazy Ivan Copper Bikini spoon. We were finding all our hits were on copper spoons on Saturday.
FishPole Thinking