Possible Conundrum

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Possible Conundrum

Post by TruViking »

Hello,
Possible situation. Our vehicle, the Toyota Highlander I Tow my Boat with, is still in the Autobody Shop. It was supposed to be finished well before this Saturday. I am a bit skeptical however. I'd like it to be known that I'm sending this as a precaution, and not looking to put anyone out of their way. I'm still hopeful the Toyota will be back by Friday Eve. But, My Son and I have been looking forward to the "Shootout" and we don't plan on missing it! :) We live in the NNE of Burlington, and, because the Charlotte Launch will be jammed, my plan has been to launch out of Burlington at the Coast Guard Station, which is 4.7 miles from here.
A Rental or Tow Truck would be ridiculously expensive, so that's a negative. I do have some kind neighbors, but their abilities to tow my boat are unknown, I will ask some of them however. Oh, FYI, my Boat is a Larson Horizon DC190, Deep V Bowrider. It's a bit heavy, but an easy and manageable tow. The trailer is registered, tires good, and lights working properly. It is set for a 2" Ball.
As I mentioned, this is not a request, and I am hopeful it doesn't come to that. If by chance, all other avenues are exhausted, I would suck up my pride and search for help. I figure that putting it out there now would be better than a last minute freak-out session! :lol: :o
If in fact I cannot find a way to get my Boat wet, I would be willing to pay someone, and/or offer a trade or trade(s), or whatever would work (Preferably Trade, but I m game for anything). Of course, Saturday A.M. is not even a consideration. I wouldn't want to interfere with anyone's derby prep time. I figure, if this does need to happen, I would try for Friday evening.
I deliberated on this for quite some time. Kind of an embarrassing post, but then I remembered, just who the group of people that I am dealing with here! Plus, I could never let my little boy down :o :geek: More than likely, this is a false alarm and none of this Would ever need mentioning again :roll:
But these things are very unpredictable by nature, I have to cover the bases. So, here I am, with my tail between my legs!

Thanks For Reading This! I am also open to suggestions if anyone has an idea!
One way or another, I will be seeing you all out there on Saturday!!! :!: :arrow: :!: We're looking forward to meeting you all.

Bet,
Ej (TruViking) & Bj (TruViking Jr.)
digitroll (ron)

Re: Possible Conundrum

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Rental trucks don't allow towing (fine print). I would bet someone here lives near you not fishing in the derby might lend a truck Ej.

I have only been out once in last 7 weeks on Champlain. Waiting for the Shoot-Out. No pre-fish this week. Lake is up over a foot in last 3 weeks. 95.53 as of yesterday. Plenty of water in Converse Bay now. The lake is now above the long term average for this date.