Also Prospecting for Salmon Before Shootout

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Also Prospecting for Salmon Before Shootout

Post by popster »

Good chatting with Reelax and comparing notes.
Great conditions out of Pt Bay to search for some Salmon with my Shootout crew of Paul (Voyager) and Randy (Surprise). Al (Fishfarmer) will join us Sat. A combination of Riggers, Lead on the Redi Rig and Slide Divers produced about the same results as Reelax & crew. Dodger/Fly combo was hit many times. Several small Salmon with White Perch and SM Bass thrown in the mix. No consistency to it at all, other than the 55° from surface to 60'. The big rain should make things interesting. The highlight turned out to be Randy's California Rolls with killer Wasabi, Homemade Blueberry muffins and cookies. Also some smoked fish w/ Myers Montreal Bagels.
Good luck to all & see yous Sat. We'll miss our Northern neighbors, Andre & Gerry.

Bill
"POINTER"
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Re: Also Prospecting for Salmon Before Shootout

Post by Surprise »

It was Great to get in a float with you Bill and Paul. Have some laughs and some great food too. Bagels and home smoked salmon sure beats any deli.

Not a lot of fish hurt in the running of the day , but that's what the early season brings. I was surprised that we boated no Cisco's on the run which would usually be in the mix for the time of year and water temp? Finishing the run with a double of hansom Smallmouths was OK.

It is always nice to enjoy the unique Lakeside foliage before Frostbite and the coming Stick Season.

We look forward to any of the fleet attending the Shootout and want to remind everyone again, Come by Boat only as the yard at Point bay is way more than full. Also Please only attend the weigh-in and barbecue if fully vaccinated as many of us old codgers are vulnerable.

Best Luck and this is the report on the radar....Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. South wind around 6 mph. Fingers Cross

Fish On! Randy
Fish On!
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

You slipped that fly in above the smoked salmon in the picture on purpose, didn't you! Looks like it was run and is still wet! That and the copper Luhr Jenson dodger that Voyager is holding should get some interest. Just use strong Sampo clips. I lost a rig over the weekend to who knows what (either a BIG laker or a Sheepie I'd guess, but I never even got it's head turned before the clip gave way and both connections came back as straightened wire), See you Saturday! Fish ON!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Was Good to share an empty lake with you
Guys Saturday. I think we only saw one other trolling boat all day….

Can’t wait till Saturday, Theresa is going to make the traditional 7 layer dip again this year..

Love the pics..

Fish on!
Matt B
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice post guys! See you on the water Saturday!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

i wont be able to attend the shootout barbecue saturday because hospice says its to far of a distance for me to travel right now. after reading randys post wouldnt have been able to go anyhow i havent been vaccinated due to i have cancer,

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TOMMORROW AND RANDY I WOULD LIKE TO BUY A HAT IF YOU HAVE THEM THIS YEAR
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

fishy1 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:55 pm i wont be able to attend the shootout barbecue saturday because hospice says its to far of a distance for me to travel right now. after reading randys post wouldnt have been able to go anyhow i havent been vaccinated due to i have cancer,

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TOMMORROW AND RANDY I WOULD LIKE TO BUY A HAT IF YOU HAVE THEM THIS YEAR
I'm going to start a real time fishing report tomorrow morning when me and Dilly Worm get on the water, probably around 7:45, as long as I have cell service. Might not be too exciting, since our luck has been so bad lately!

But, follow along if you want Matt, and anyone else that wants to can add to it too as we all fish. That way all the guys who can't be out there tomorrow can kind of be there with us online.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Detritus wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:42 pm
fishy1 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:55 pm i wont be able to attend the shootout barbecue saturday because hospice says its to far of a distance for me to travel right now. after reading randys post wouldnt have been able to go anyhow i havent been vaccinated due to i have cancer,

I'm going to start a real time fishing report tomorrow morning when me and Dilly Worm get on the water, probably around 7:45, as long as I have cell service. Might not be too exciting, since our luck has been so bad lately!

But, follow along if you want Matt, and anyone else that wants to can add to it too as we all fish. That way all the guys who can't be out there tomorrow can kind of be there with us online.
Please Jack and everyone else, real time reports would be really nice !