Frostbite Derby

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Frostbite Derby

Post by C-Hawk »

I just want to wish everyone good luck at the Derby, but unfortunately I am not going to participate this year. I have some medical stuff going on that I have been dealing with all summer, and while I'm ok, the medicine I take for for a heart condition leaves me weakened and tired a lot. I just don't think I can handle it this year as I'm trying to get the meds balanced out. I had good intentions of doing some well needed boat maintenance, but then my back went out. So, I am just going to relax and slowly get the stuff done, impeller and motor service, so I can give it a go later on under the right conditions.

Good luck everyone!
digitroll (ron)

Re: Frostbite Derby

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Sorry to hear about your heart situation Jeff. Hope you can get your meds dialed in to overcome the fatigue situation.
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Wish you the best c-hawk.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Will miss seeing you Jeff. Hope your doing better soon…
Matt B
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Best of luck with your health Jeff. Getting old has it's downside as well as its upsides.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Jeff - Take care of yourself! Sounds like a good decision and I hope we see you back in the fleet for a long time!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Good luck Jeff with your health and balancing your med. Sometimes it can take some time to get it right.... been there.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Jeff,

Best Luck and make the best of it. Life has it's ups and downs but Life is where it's at.

Speaking as the survivor of two heart attacks and the pleasure of recovery to Fish Again.

We look forward to your return and will Keep a Spot on the Frostbite Trophy for you. ;)

Randy
Fish On!
Fishinpole
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by Fishinpole »

Good luck to you and I hope you will be back this spring. Looking forward to your fishing reports.
flyguy
Species: atlantic salmon

Post by flyguy »

Sorry to hear you're still under the weather. The shootout won't be the same without you. Get better, and look forward. Best wishes!!!
DrCaddis
Species: Salmonids

Post by DrCaddis »

Good morning frostbite armada crew. Best of luck to all of you. Enjoy the day on the water. I’ll be thinking of you all
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

even though i chat with you almost every morning and we both couldnt fish i know how you feel. hope you get better soon jeff so we can do what we like doing again. i miss the shootout but more importantly i missed the barbecue today not seeing the frostbiters
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

Another fun Shootout in the books, and as was previously said, the best part was the apres derby pot luck and trading war stories. Congratulations to Tom Durbrow with his beautiful Salmon and his partner, Fred for landing his twin. Sure wasn't the same without Mattie and Jeff. You were missed. Good thoughts your way.Thanks to Randy and Cathy for hitting another home run. Fish On
Bill
"POINTER"
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Fantastic Shoot Out today! Congrats to Tom Durbrow and Fred! Great job Randy honoring Jim and Matt!

Today's video summary of the 12 th Annual Shoot-Out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWwn2nWOCZ4

Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Well documented Ron

Thanks, Randy
Fish On!