10/22-24

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Brimstone Troller
Species: Trout/Salmon/Bass

10/22-24

Post by Brimstone Troller »

Hi all its been a few months since I've been up to the lake. A few buddy's and I are heading up. 4 guys and 2 boats. We will be on 68 if anybody will be out. I won't get there till Friday night but the other guys will be out Friday. Has anyone done any jigging for lakers lately?? Hope to hear from you guys this weekend.

Jacques
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: 10/22-24

Post by Reelax »

Good to see you guys out there yesterday and meet via radio.. Great day to be a on the lake… hope You guys got into em after we left around 2pm….

Fish on!
Matt B
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Jacques - good chatting with you today on the radio. Sounds like you guys did well with some sizeable lakers and some salmon too !

My daughter and I ended up with 1 small (13") salmon, 2 lakers (18"-20"), and 3 big white perch. Plus another laker we lost at the net. The white perch were not doing well - one came up with its innards sticking out of its mouth and the other 2 were bloated, seems like the sudden pressure drop coming up from 80 feet down made them explode on the inside, or maybe they got hernias fighting while being dragged around - all were hitchikers were on the hook for who knows how long.

Anyway, what a gorgeous day to be out on the lake, hope to see you back here when the water is cooler and the bigger coldwater fish are biting more.
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Brimstone Troller
Species: Trout/Salmon/Bass

Post by Brimstone Troller »

So this is my second time trying to post about the weekend. The first one took 30 min. about then it vanished. So you are going to get the shorter version.

There was going to be 4 of us on this trip but one guy had to cancel do to covid in his house. I went solo Saturday and had my buddy Kevin with me Sunday and my other buddy Jeremy "The Wobbly Moose" went solo Sunday.

Hit the ramp Saturday around 6:30 Jigged up one small laker about 10" near Thompsons. Then started trolling there and picked up another laker 18". Moved to Split rock and headed south picked up 2 lakers around 20" went all the way to Snake den. Motored up to Whallon to have lunch with my buddys on The Wobbly Moose.

We then headed up towards Willsboro on the way I stopped and chatted with Reelax on the radio to see how he did for the morning. We started outside and worked in the bay. There was a lot of bait and fish outside not much inside. I picked up 2 lakers there biggest was 23".

Motored back south before dark and started just north of Sloop picked up a 10" silver. That was it for the day. Lots of bait and fish around Sloop before dark A LOT!

Sunday same start time. Started at Sloop worked to Thompsons picked up the first fish of the day at Picket 25" laker it was my buddy Kevin's P.B. Picked up another laker at Split rock then a 12" silver just south of Split, and got our final laker a little further south.

Saturday all lakers came on a Crazy Ivan lure Blue and Silver rigger @75. Silver came on the cheater stinger neon green/pink w/purple dots. Sunday Mooselook wobbler silver and blue, the same stinger as the day before and another pink and purple stinger 40-100'.

It was nice to chat with you guys on the radio hopefully I will get to meet some of you soon.

Jacques
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Good to see your 2 boat fleet out there this weekend Jacques… the salmon bite is sure to pick up…. Gonna do some scouting again Saturday, hope to find an active school or 2 before the shootout!

Thanks for sharing!!
Matt B