Westport October 9

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
MeanGreen
Species: lake trout

Westport October 9

Post by MeanGreen »

Launched around 730am Saturday headed North. Fished the NY side 30-90 feet down using a variety of tackle, staying close to shore. Nothing. Made it to split rock by 1030, got (in order) a smallmouth, yellow perch and white perch all between 50-60 feet down on mooselook (first 2) and stinger scorpion. Proceeded to bring in a 12" laker, followed by a 27 incher both down 55ft, followed by a 12" salmon, 2 20" or so lake trout and a whitefish. Interesting collection of fish, marker some bait balls up near 40 feet, water temp 62-63 degrees. Oh and still some fleas.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Re: Westport October 9

Post by Dilly Worm »

thanks for the report, thats good info. good to know the fleas are still out there... I guess I'll keep the 40-lb mono on a little longer.

Curious about the whitefish, that species has been elusive for me - was it also down around 50-60 ' ? what lure did it go for ?
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
MeanGreen
Species: lake trout

Re: Westport October 9

Post by MeanGreen »

Whitefish was also down 50 feet, and hit on this guy, a stinger scorpion. At that point troll speed was 1.8mph

[
download.png
download.png (236.37 KiB) Viewed 1053 times