New or used outboard parts

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Pcraft237
Species: All

Re: New or used outboard parts

Post by Pcraft237 »

Update
Honda rep called informing me of a fix, different rectifier with wiring and a modification to make it work. Would sell me parts but no info on modifying. Then find out that the info was incorrect plus the rectifier suggested is no longer available. Been in contact with Shelly at Tom’s Marine, thanks bagman, She called to say she thinks she may have located the correct rectifier at another dealer. So the saga may soon end on a positive note. Don’t have to replace an outboard. Thanks to all who offered suggestions
Pcraft237
Species: All

Post by Pcraft237 »

Looks like there is no fix for this Honda outboard. After numerous calls with Honda and Shelly from Tom’s Marine we were told there was a fix with modifications. Then Honda admitted their modification would not work, either they initially lied or more likely didn’t know what they were speaking of. Regardless, Honda doesn’t make the part. So motor is shot over a$150 part. No aftermarket part available, Shelly from Tom’s Marine has made calls to numerous Honda dealers, no one has a part for a 10 year old outboard, at the least the one I need. Thanks for all the advice to those who replied.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

https://en.impex-jp.com/parts/new/searc ... 50-ZW4-013

Can get it in Japan, and ship FedEx. A little over $100 with shipping.