Fishy1 derby

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Fishy1 derby

Post by Reelax »

Best of luck everyone. If we were in town it woulda been a great midsummer weekend to join in... Hope someone breaks the lake record!!!!

What a great cause...

Fish on!
Matt B
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

Good luck to all I'm on doubles starting tomorrow till Monday 3-11,11-7 .. or I would be out fish on an tight lines be safe out their.
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Question for the Facillitator(s):
Are Kid's, in specific my 11y.o. Son charged the same rate as the Adults?
Thanks. Looking to sign-up as soon as I hear back from ya!

Great Concept, Great Charity. It should be Fun! Looking forward to seeing some Good Fishing go down!

Thanks Again.

Ej(TruViking)
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Just signed up......In the Nick of Time!
I will be perusing the Mighty Lake with my Partner in Crime, Braedyn Johnson, my 11 Y.O. Son and the Authentic "TruViking"! My intentions were the Inland Sea but looks like I may have to Launch outta Burlington, due to Transport/Trailering issue. So now we thinkin' heading South and drop lines a bit North of Converse. I am sure there will be no shortage of Anglers down that way :lol: :roll: :lol: and We wish you luck!
Always welcome a chat on the Mic, exchanging info., boasting of the Slaughter :?: ;) you have put on those poor Fishies, :) etc.

Best of Luck and Safe Travels. :!:
Fishy1(Will Nolan), Thanks for the Opportunity and for a very worth while cause! :)

Best,
Ej(TruViking)
Bj(De Lakshvisker)...... "The Salmon Whisperer" in Norwegian
20' Larson
Boat Name/Call Sign: LAGATHAR
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

TruViking wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:25 am Just signed up......In the Nick of Time!
I will be perusing the Mighty Lake with my Partner in Crime, Braedyn Johnson, my 11 Y.O. Son and the Authentic "TruViking"! My intentions were the Inland Sea but looks like I may have to Launch outta Burlington, due to Transport/Trailering issue. So now we thinkin' heading South and drop lines a bit North of Converse. I am sure there will be no shortage of Anglers down that way :lol: :roll: :lol: and We wish you luck!
Always welcome a chat on the Mic, exchanging info., boasting of the Slaughter :?: ;) you have put on those poor Fishies, :) etc.

Best of Luck and Safe Travels. :!:
Fishy1(Will Nolan), Thanks for the Opportunity and for a very worth while cause! :)

Best,
Ej(TruViking)
Bj(De Lakshvisker)...... "The Salmon Whisperer" in Norwegian
20'you for registering
thank you for registering and good luck/ it seem we picked the wrong weekend with every one on vacation fishing the big o for kings and fairs. 2nd annual fishy1 derby will probably be around the ist week of october in 2022
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Good luck to all. Great cause!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

windy weekend tough weekend for derby registrants. tonight is the awards at the vfw in burlington vt. lots of great prizes to give out raffle tickets still available on line and at the door tonight. it will be 5;30 pm to 9;30 pm. [lease join us all proceeds go to uvm fitzpatrick cancer center in plattsburgh
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Thank you for the tournament. It was a fun weekend to try to fish multiple species and a great cause. We launched from the bridge Saturday at 5:30 am, zoomed north and set up near Arnolds Bay in 80 ft of water to try to target salmon first. Set 1 vertical spoons with releases at 75 an 65 and the other shallower at 45 and 35. All varying types of Crazy Ivan spoons. We trolled all around back and forth
between 80 to 140 ft of water. Saw some bait, but kept getting hammered by white perch. Tried the VT and NY sides. Just kept catching white perch, maybe 12 - 15 of them in all. The water was nice and calm and very few boats out in our area.

Then, at 10 am the wind picked up with some bigger waves, so we decided to switch to bass. Fished around Rock Island and in Button Bay with little luck. Then, we had to head in around noon because of another appointment. We decided to fish some of the little bays on the way back to the bridge that were protected from the wind. One of the bays, we caught several smaller small mouth bass. Then, one of the last stops, I caught a 3 lb small mouth that ended up in 3rd place in the tourney. Caught it on a lipless rattle trap crank bait.

We were going to try again on Sunday. Decided to launch out of Arnold's Bay. At 5:30 am, backed up to the ramp and got out of the truck. The wind was howling. The waves were high. Nope. Decided that the boat was not going to go in. Decided to stay safe and not launch. Instead, we went to Bristol Pond and caught a few largemouth bass. We could not and did not enter these in the tourney as they had to come from Lake Champlain. However, we had fun and were safe in the much calmer Bristol Pond.

Had a fun weekend with my son, my cousin and a friend.
FishPole Thinking
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

AmFishFil Thinking wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:42 am Thank you for the tournament. It was a fun weekend to try to fish multiple species and a great cause. We launched from the bridge Saturday at 5:30 am, zoomed north and set up near Arnolds Bay in 80 ft of water to try to target salmon first. Set 1 vertical spoons with releases at 75 an 65 and the other shallower at 45 and 35. All varying types of Crazy Ivan spoons. We trolled all around back and forth
between 80 to 140 ft of water. Saw some bait, but kept getting hammered by white perch. Tried the VT and NY sides. Just kept catching white perch, maybe 12 - 15 of them in all. The water was nice and calm and very few boats out in our area.

Then, at 10 am the wind picked up with some bigger waves, so we decided to switch to bass. Fished around Rock Island and in Button Bay with little luck. Then, we had to head in around noon because of another appointment. We decided to fish some of the little bays on the way back to the bridge that were protected from the wind. One of the bays, we caught several smaller small mouth bass. Then, one of the last stops, I caught a 3 lb small mouth that ended up in 3rd place in the tourney. Caught it on a lipless rattle trap crank bait.

We were going to try again on Sunday. Decided to launch out of Arnold's Bay. At 5:30 am, backed up to the ramp and got out of the truck. The wind was howling. The waves were high. Nope. Decided that the boat was not going to go in. Decided to stay safe and not launch. Instead, we went to Bristol Pond and caught a few largemouth bass. We could not and did not enter these in the tourney as they had to come from Lake Champlain. However, we had fun and were safe in the much calmer Bristol Pond.

Had a fun weekend with my son, my cousin and a friend.
it was good to meet you at the awards last night. thank you for giving your winnings back to the charity a good cause
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

It was nice to meet you too. Your welcome. Yes, a very good cause.
FishPole Thinking