Shoot Out Question?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TUnamas

Shoot Out Question?

Post by TUnamas »

I'm posting here because this side of the Forum gets the most traffic, but a quick question: Is there any interest in hosting a "garage sale" in conjunction with the Fall Shoot Out? Rods? Reels? Riggers? Planer masts? Lines? Nets? Spoons? Etc. I'll speak for myself rather than speaking for others, but I have some gear that isn't getting used, and some "wants". Just planting a seed in case others may be interested.
steel'n silver
Species: salmon/Trout

Re: Shoot Out Question?

Post by steel'n silver »

Good idea
Chuck L.
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Good idea. I have a wish list too. I would love to find a used radio and antennae. I'm also looking for a compact gps chart recorder only without a transducer. Tell me about this shootout?
FishPole Thinking
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Cool idea...I like it!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Sell fishing gear?

I always thought fishing stuff was like tools. You buy way more than you'll ever need and keep every last thing you have, until you head to that big lake in the sky to fish with all of the other guys who've made it there before us.

Then your wife or kids get a 12 yard dumpster and throw it all in.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Detritus wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:34 pm Sell fishing gear?

I always thought fishing stuff was like tools. You buy way more than you'll ever need and keep every last thing you have, until you head to that big lake in the sky to fish with all of the other guys who've made it there before us.

Then your wife or kids get a 12 yard dumpster and throw it all in.
I've said time and again .. When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my gear for what I told her it cost!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

This sounds like a good idea... I wonder what Randy thinks..??

I am sure I could fill the back of my pickup with stuff. I have a pile of rods downstairs collecting dust...
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

i like it. but is there going to be a shootout? i wont part with my stuff but i mght buy
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

I like the idea.... "But", Shootout Rules for good reason with Todd at Point Bay is attend "By Boat Only" due to the very expensive craft filling All open ground. I guess a water Bazzar like in Saigon might work.

I would suggest we contact Tammy at VT. Fish and Game to see if we could have a State Access rule bending add-on day or separate event at Converse ramp with a Barbecue there? As I read it now it's a No-Go as written.

BTW we have discussed with some players of having a Shootout this year but have yet to approach Todd at Point Bay. I'll do it sometime next month as it doesn't take much planning to pull it together.

Stay Tuned... Randy
Fish On!
Capt Kirk
Species: Salmon

Post by Capt Kirk »

If you are looking for a location to have a….bazaar, or just want to fit in with some bazaar folks, the Eagles Club in South Burlington has a function room….and a bar.

Ancient Mariner is the VT president and im sure he could arrange it. Might be better than a parking lot? Could also be utilized for any forum shenanigans throughout the winter from yard sales to ellen marsdens state of the laker speech?
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Capt Kirk wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:34 am If you are looking for a location to have a….bazaar, or just want to fit in with some bazaar folks, the Eagles Club in South Burlington has a function room….and a bar.

Ancient Mariner is the VT president and im sure he could arrange it. Might be better than a parking lot? Could also be utilized for any forum shenanigans throughout the winter from yard sales to ellen marsdens state of the laker speech?
Sweet!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

What is the "Shoot Out"? and When?
FishPole Thinking
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

AmFishFil Thinking wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:00 am What is the "Shoot Out"? and When?
Typically held the first weekend of November it is a no charge "derby" that Randy has organized for years. No sign up is necessary, no entry fee and no cash prizes. Bring your own team. Start in the AM and followed by a weigh-in for biggest fish and potluck BBQ around noon. Perpetual trophy to the winner. It's been hosted at Pt. Bay Marina the past few years, and because many of the marina's boats are on the hard, parking space is a premium so the marina has requested that attendees arrive only via boat. The docks will still be in and largely empty. As we get nearer to the event, there will be information on this Board Forum.