Current info?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TUnamas

Current info?

Post by TUnamas »

I've been off the water awhile as I was in South Carolina last week moving my daughter to her new Navy post. Now I have a college friend in town. I fish from Charlotte, and I understand that fleas are bad. 3 options: South to Barber and Fishville, Whallens, or north for lakers. Are N lakers settled on the bottom? That's usually August for me, as I don't fish lakers unless we have guests. Seems early, but it's a crazy year. Is south worth a run? Fleas are bad everywhere? I'll develop a float plan, and will make some calls, but any input here is welcomed. Help?!
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Re: Current info?

Post by Dilly Worm »

Around Barber Point, the fleas the past couple weekends have been noticeable but manageable if you're using 30-lb or bigger mono on downriggers. Lots of floating grass/weeds as you head further south towards Fishville too. Hoping the rain we're supposed to get tonight will knock down the fleas some.

Haven't tried the other places in several weeks, so can't say what its like there.
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

Thirty pound mono was useless last weekend. Had one 40 lb in the boat and it was much better. Good luck!
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

If you can make it to the Inland Sea, You will not be dissappointed.
riverrunner
Species: Salmonids

Post by riverrunner »

Otter creek will be pushing out some dirty water from the rain last night
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

How are water temps looking?
FishPole Thinking
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

No idea on current temps, but anyone out this weekend, Serenity Now will be on Ch 68.
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

The Country Angler will be out there tomorrow morning until about lunch. You can try us, or well try you on the radio.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

We will be launching early from the bridge and head north until we find deep water and marks Then, fish north up toward Scotch Bonet and back.
FishPole Thinking
Chazycuda
Species: Salmon, trout

Re: any tips for Salmon?

Post by Chazycuda »

I’m new to Champlain recently got a place We were out 2nd and 3rd week of June and got 3 Lakers 24, 26 and 28” trolling just south of grand island no salmon. Was up again 4th of July week 2 mornings same area no luck, local folks suggested VT side of grand isle in 30’ on top with mono I tried mono , led core and downrigger to cover what looked to be marking 2 mornings no luck. Then someone suggested inland sea so traveled there thru the GUT trolled the northern end with lead core copper mooslook and live bait on the downrigger also switched with the multi split back lure that caught all 3 Lakers and no luck. Was a tough week. I’ve been reading some great posts on salmon fishing on LC about zoo plankton, weeds, looking for bait Balls matching lures to simulate them and the wind so a lot to learn. I’m heading back up 7/17-18th just wondering if anyone has any suggestions to target salmon (preference) lakers or any trout family. I have fish finder but it is a lower end what looks like just a large suspended mass I’m assuming are the bait…either that or we have spotted champ a few times;)
Thanks
Chuck
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Fishville 50 down.

Good luck;)
Matt B
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Welcome to the forum Chazycuda.
It takes a few tries to get the feel for catching lakers.
Find sandy or muddy flat bottom 50-60 fow and bounce your downrigger ball while trolling less than 2 mph.
Catching salmon is another ballgame. Not an expert, cannot provide much help, but there`s plenty of good advices reading the posts on this forum.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Pcraft237
Species: All

Post by Pcraft237 »

Was around Willsboro Point area last week. Not much on the bottom. Fleas bad but switched to 40 lb test and worked great. Where’s Fishville?
Hawkeye50
Species: Salmon

Post by Hawkeye50 »

Been doing very well on salmon this season,many quality fish however fished from sun-up till about 11 only 1 hit this am ,very slow spoke to 2-3 others and they had the same luck.Ran 30lb fleas not bad,temp down 75' ,fished Barbers to snake den.
Good luck
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

good luck everyone keep on chasing love the posts and pics