Season Of Lost Treasures

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Season Of Lost Treasures

Post by TruViking »

Hello Everyone I hope you all had luck in the derby if you participated. In the DYP, we did ok, a few SalMon around 3 lb. and the normal amount of lakers. IN The LCI, We did pretty well but nothing that was worth possibly killing a fish to weigh it in. My first day we went out of Converse and we're only hitting Lakers, with the biggest one being about 6 lb. Days 2 and 3, went out on the Inland sea. We got many salmon and it was a blast just being able to be out there.
Unfortunately, in both dyp Derby and the LCI Derby, I lost equipment IN BOTH places, Converse and the Inland sea. Yesterday near Cedar Island I lost a planer board and at the DYP Derby I lost a Net and a Rapala digital scale. I was wondering if anyone happened to run across these items floating in the water? It's a long shot but I figure I might as well try. Thanks for reading I hope everyone else has as much fun during the derby enjoying our great lake. All the best.

Ej(TruViking)
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Re: Season Of Lost Treasures

Post by Crayfish »

What type of planer board did you lose, EJ? I fish the IS often and will keep an eye out for it.

And, your not alone. This year I've lost a cooler (that I've had since like 1987) and a mini dipsey + #3 Needlefish. Both were entirely my fault, of course.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

I lost a Scotty manual downrigger to the bottom of the IS, I feel your pain.
JDK
Species: Togue

Post by JDK »

I lost 2 planer boards this season and both were returned as I had my name and number on them. Lot of good people out there so hopefully your's will be back.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

JDK wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:32 am I lost 2 planer boards this season and both were returned as I had my name and number on them. Lot of good people out there so hopefully your's will be back.
Never even occurred to me to put name and number on a planer board:) I always figured you were donating em to another fisherman when they are lost.... :o
Matt B
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Reelax wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:59 pm
JDK wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:32 am I lost 2 planer boards this season and both were returned as I had my name and number on them. Lot of good people out there so hopefully your's will be back.
Never even occurred to me to put name and number on a planer board:) I always figured you were donating em to another fisherman when they are lost.... :o
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🎣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

It wouldn't be a derby if you weren't throwing money away.

We lost a release, a few lures, Liam's knife, and a few other things this lci. Can't remember what they were, but, I can remember the fun.

I haven't done our lci report yet on here yet. Camping all last week, work and getting ready for another shorter trip this coming week. Taking Strike Three to my Grandmother's cabin in Maine. Very few fish in the lake, but there is a few panfish and bass. Lake trout and salmon too believe it or not, but the biggest of each we have ever caught is maybe 8-10 inches? So small.

But, the long story short for us in the derby was we've never fished so hard to catch so few fish. I think we put in about 22-24 hours in 2 days.

Glad you got out there all three days of the derby though, nice job EJ.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

we had a blast in the derby fishing from shore battling the jungle weeds but we did well fishy2 place 8th with a 9.70 lb bowfin which took her forever to get out of the jungle weeds. we lost some big cats and bowfins but thats the fun part of it struggling to get thme out of the jungle weeds. we lost some stuff to but it happens. im glad everyone was safe and had fun. hope to see you soon jack ar our usual spot
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

fishy1 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:29 pm we had a blast in the derby fishing from shore battling the jungle weeds but we did well fishy2 place 8th with a 9.70 lb bowfin which took her forever to get out of the jungle weeds. we lost some big cats and bowfins but thats the fun part of it struggling to get thme out of the jungle weeds. we lost some stuff to but it happens. im glad everyone was safe and had fun. hope to see you soon jack ar our usual spot
8th place!

Nice going. You guys did what one of my life goals is for my kids who like to fish. Get their name on the leader board. We didn't even weigh in a fish this year.

It might be a while before our paths cross over here. I don't know if we'll fish here at home the rest of the month. Grandmother's cabin coming up, camping trip, scout camp, all scheduled the next few weeks. Somehow it all landed in July this year. I did drive by your spot up in the mountains last week though on the way to another camping trip.

We're keeping an eye out though every time we pass by there.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack