Fun couple of days!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Butcher
Species: cold water

Fun couple of days!

Post by Butcher »

Made the trip from NH to my favorite lake. Spent a little time in search for salmon on the first afternoon. We didn't launch the boat until almost 2pm, the flat lake and very warm temperatures made abandoning that plan pretty easy. Went and banged the bottom for lakers, putting 6 in the boat before sunset.
Day 2 we were met with some pretty nasty wind. Caught 4 salmon before we got the bright idea to make a run on the broad lake.... we did it, but I thought a buddy was going to loose a meal for almost 3 hours, but he wanted to stick it out.. We picked away at the lakers for most of the day. boated 16. everything came from the bottom or up 10 feet off the bottom. we spent most of our time in 40-70 feet of water. I don't think we had a spoon that out produced another. It sounds like a lot of fish, and while I am very happy with the numbers, we put in 13 hours on the boat that day...

Morning 3 we went all in on salmon. Hit the lake by 530 and found fish pretty quick. Beat that pattern pretty hard, boating 9 missing a handful of others. Watched a lot of other boats catching! As the morning went on the sun got high and showed itself a bit too much.... that changed things up.... On the move to new water and changed spoons to some that were a bit more flashy with the brighter sun. The wonderbread needlfish was a killer in the morning!

Found a few bait balls and beat the living hell out of them!!! Put another 9 in the boat with a bonus brown. Bumped into Reelax and crew out there which is always fun! Good to talk with a few people I haven't been very good at keeping in contact with...

Finished the day with 18 fish to the boat with about 1/2 dozen misses. Cheaters fired 8 times! They are fun, something we cant use in NH... Off the water at 2pm.

I sure love this lake!! I cant wait until Memorial day weekend, bringing my girls up. I hope I can keep them occupied long enough for them to catch their first salmon!!!

I hope all that fished the DYP had some good luck!! Here are some pics...

Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Fun couple of days!

Post by Reelax »

Great talking to you guys on Saturday... that is a beautiful Brown.... can’t remember the last time we boated a brown...
Matt B
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Crazy bait balls in Westport Sunday. Saw one in 6 fow, must have been two hundred cormorants and dozens of seagulls and terns attacking for 20 minutes with some fish breaking water. Nothing but some feisty lakers for us though.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Bearcat wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:57 am Crazy bait balls in Westport Sunday. Saw one in 6 fow, must have been two hundred cormorants and dozens of seagulls and terns attacking for 20 minutes with some fish breaking water. Nothing but some feisty lakers for us though.
What happened during the storm some one capsize ambulance and all at launch
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Great report butcher and pics lots of fish in champlain keep chasing
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

fishy1 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:20 am
Bearcat wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:57 am Crazy bait balls in Westport Sunday. Saw one in 6 fow, must have been two hundred cormorants and dozens of seagulls and terns attacking for 20 minutes with some fish breaking water. Nothing but some feisty lakers for us though.
I heard a catamaran flipped out in Westport and the guy was on the bottom of the boat waiting for a rescue and I heard that some thing else went over up in Wahlons or near Essex or somewhere up there but I don’t know what it was
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Bearcat wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:22 pm
fishy1 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:20 am
I heard a catamaran flipped out in Westport and the guy was on the bottom of the boat waiting for a rescue and I heard that some thing else went over up in Wahlons or near Essex or somewhere up there but I don’t know what it was
thanks it was nasty wind and rain and it surprised everyone