Fun with electronics on boat

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Pcraft237
Species: All

Fun with electronics on boat

Post by Pcraft237 »

A little more than a week ago my FishHawk began giving wrong data, like 18 ft depth and 42 degrees and then seconds later a depth of 332 ft and a temp of 67 degrees.Had to send both probe and monitor in for repair. I go out without it and the fish finder starts giving false readings. I contact Garmin and they send a disk for an update. I go out to try it, update didn’t work. Screen locked up on 7.2 ft. I get home to find the FishHawk returned at the cost of a new probe. Then find out I need to purchase a new transducer. It’s enough to make a fellow rip out all those cables and screens and dump them in the lake near Split Rock where its real deep. Well almost.
sonny88
Species: salmon

Re: Fun with electronics on boat

Post by sonny88 »

Remember it's a hole in the water you pour money into! :D
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

Boat!
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
Pcraft237
Species: All

Post by Pcraft237 »

Still having fun. Transducer is supposedly the problem. Paid for a new one with overnight delivery. Waited a week, no transducer. Called, it’s on back order for at least 5-6 weeks. I guess the rep failed to tell me overnight delivery in 6 weeks. Then received email requesting proof of purchase of the fish finder?? So I was charged for transducer but for some reason they want me to prove I own the fish finder.
So ended up removing a Lowrance Hook5 from my Hobie kayak that I’ve used for inshore fishing in Florida and is wired and ready to go.