Gonna have buy silver, CANT CATCH IT

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Papatom
Species: Salmon

Gonna have buy silver, CANT CATCH IT

Post by Papatom »

6 hrs of trolling from port henry to almost Coles bay. Tried everything, varied lures, speed, set back, depth (50 degrees at 20 ft), even tried dodgers and skirts, water depth.
Caught one lake trout at 22 feet deep. NO OTHER HITS.
Cant see anything I was doing wrong. Silver just not there or not bitting. 4 or 5 boats in area but i saw no action on them.
Your thoughts????
Thank you.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Re: Gonna have buy silver, CANT CATCH IT

Post by cpmaple »

That area for myself has no produced anything but lakers. I've trolled several times in pass week from coles to northwest bay an no takers. Next trip for me will be northwest bay north shore or VT side she what I can find been four trips now with no silver just lakers each time.
Papatom

Post by Papatom »

Me too. I just wonder where silver goes when they leave bulwagga bay???
Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Post by Dead lake »

You do know brite hot sun during day/mornings cause less bites, fish deeper, sun bothers fish,,they have no eyelids , need cloudy and chop on water to be better. I have caught silver first light to about two hrs then nothing .
sonny88
Species: salmon

Post by sonny88 »

Fished Thursday and had great luck on silvers but they were at 15' at first light and 35' by noon. However, if you looked at the sonar there was no sign that they were there, no archs, no bait balls. I used to be able to hook 30-40 salmon a day in various places around the lake but the salmon fishing is really tough now except when you hit things just right.
Papatom

Post by Papatom »

Yea understand. Thanks.