Lake trout by mullen bay north of port henry.

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Papatom
Species: Salmon

Lake trout by mullen bay north of port henry.

Post by Papatom »

Fished today 10:30 am to 2pm north of port henry. 50 to 70 foot of water. Fished down riggers 5 ft off bottom. A lot of hooks. Used jointed brown trout rapala along with black and silver jointed rapala. Caught 2 26 in and 1 28 in lakers. Lost several others. 45ft back 1.9 mph.
. Should there be landlocks in that area? If so any tips on how to fish them. Thanks.
TUnamas

Re: Lake trout by mullen bay north of port henry.

Post by TUnamas »

Graphing bait? Lakers are in the southern basin. Salmon? They are there too, but pick up the speed and get off the bottom. Might try spoons too!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

You may wanna try 20ft down over bait in 50-80fow for salmon right now. Adjust from that according to water temps. If surface is warmer, move deeper.

Best
Of luck and thanks for the report...
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

I fished that area most of my life and yes there are salmon there. Lots of them but you need to get away from the Lakers. Between presburys and kohls bay there is a thermacline pick it up and follow it to the vt side. The Salmon move to one side to the other chasing forage. If there not on ny side they moved to vt side. Stick with the 45 fow on vt side 10 to 20 Foot down try honey bee and crazy ivan lures. Go get them and good luck
DrCaddis
Species: Salmonids

Post by DrCaddis »

Fishy 1 sure hope you are feeling better. Been fishing port Henry more and getting to know the water better. Thanks always for all your experiential knowledge. It certainly helps all of us LC rookies.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

fishy1 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:46 am I fished that area most of my life and yes there are salmon there. Lots of them but you need to get away from the Lakers. Between presburys and kohls bay there is a thermacline pick it up and follow it to the vt side. The Salmon move to one side to the other chasing forage. If there not on ny side they moved to vt side. Stick with the 45 fow on vt side 10 to 20 Foot down try honey bee and crazy ivan lures. Go get them and good luck
Wow if you didn’t write this one down in your expedition notes your missing out! Thanks for the insight Matt!
Matt B
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

DrCaddis wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:38 am Fishy 1 sure hope you are feeling better. Been fishing port Henry more and getting to know the water better. Thanks always for all your experiential knowledge. It certainly helps all of us LC rookies.
i hope you are doing well in port henry lots of of fish in this area because of great forage. im home today with allergies and side affects but hope to get back out tommorrow the lakers are still in close 8 to 15 fow feasting on smelt i love it so much fun. keep chasing.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Reelax wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:29 pm
fishy1 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:46 am I fished that area most of my life and yes there are salmon there. Lots of them but you need to get away from the Lakers. Between presburys and kohls bay there is a thermacline pick it up and follow it to the vt side. The Salmon move to one side to the other chasing forage. If there not on ny side they moved to vt side. Stick with the 45 fow on vt side 10 to 20 Foot down try honey bee and crazy ivan lures. Go get them and good luck
Wow if you didn’t write this one down in your expedition notes your missing out! Thanks for the insight Matt!
matt its implanted in me dont need to write this one down.