Weekend of Firsts

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Weekend of Firsts

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Another weekend of fun cold water fishing firsts.

Saturday morning, I met up with my DYP partner Homewrecker (Dennis) and Stew at converse at 5:30 am. Thank you Dennis and Stew for the great time and lessons aboard the Homewrecker. The pork skewers were also amazing
Dennis.png
Dennis.png (94.21 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Stew.png
Stew.png (81.39 KiB) Viewed 951 times

Had a great time, learn a lot, and caught my first Salmon ever. It was amazing to see it jump. We are ready for DYP. Fish on.
1st salmon.jpg
1st salmon.jpg (8.2 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Sunday morning, took my father, nephew and son out fishing with my boat out of Chimney point. The bridge is a great half way meeting point for us as my father and nephew live in Rutland County and I live in Northern Addison County. Typically we go white perch or bass fishing here, but our first cold water experience with my father and nephew started at 5 am.

First we trolled in Bulwagga Bay for an hour. Nothing there but many little bugs biting us. So we decided to zoom north fast to rid of the bugs. With the bugs gone at 30 mph, we set up in Whites bay and fished past Arnolds Bay. Right at Rock island, the downrigger rod fired and my nephew landed his first lake trout ever. It was a nice 28". Couldn't get a weight as my scale was too small. Sausage Gravy was the spoon, 20 ft of water, 15 ft down, 35 ft back with a flasher. Now, we got a new 12 year old hooked on cold water.
luke fish.jpg
luke fish.jpg (170.18 KiB) Viewed 951 times
crew.jpg
crew.jpg (123.1 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Luke and Kevin.jpg
Luke and Kevin.jpg (123.17 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Took the fish home and cooked him up. One fish made 4 nice steaks for us hungry fisher men. It was more than a meal for 4 adults, 2 kids, and a salivating chocolate lab. Grilled with some salt, pepper and my wife's secret sweet Filipino sauce.
Cooked fish.jpg
Cooked fish.jpg (106.55 KiB) Viewed 951 times
eating his fish.jpg
eating his fish.jpg (8.38 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Attachments
1st salmon.jpg
1st salmon.jpg (8.2 KiB) Viewed 951 times
FishPole Thinking
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Re: Weekend of Firsts

Post by Dilly Worm »

nice report and pictures. Congrats on your first salmon and your nephew's first laker !!

that spot where he caught the laker is a good one for those fish this time of year...

Secret sweet Filipino sauce sounds really good, can you give any hints on whats in it ? OK if you have to keep it secret, just had to ask...
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Filipino Sweet and Spicy Fish Sauce

ok Shhhhh... She is not on this forum. :lol:

Filipino Sweet and Spicy Fish Sauce

Ingredients:

2 tablespoon flour
1 cup water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon brown sugar (can substitute honey)
2 cloves garlic - minced
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 small red chili - chopped

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients, except the red chili, and mix until flour and sugar are dissolved.
Bring it to a simmer over medium heat while stirring continuously. Add the chopped red chili and stir until the sauce thickens. Usually takes about 3-5 minutes.

You can use the sauce as a marinade, pour on while grilling or use as dipping sauce.
sweet spicy fishsauce.jpg
sweet spicy fishsauce.jpg (20.16 KiB) Viewed 826 times
FishPole Thinking
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

:) Awesome!
Love the Firstswhich are also Personal Best's as well!

The smiles :) is what it is all about. Good luck getting your next Silver Slueth! It seems t f at yiu already have a knack for possible ways to find them!

Thanks for the report.

P.S. Thank you for the Recipe. It seems as if this can go with anything!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Love it!!! That Homewrecker boat
Is fishy...

Nice pics and smiles!!!!
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

thats what its all about memories for the boy and you. thanks for the pics and recipe.