Trolling Saturday and Sunday w/ the kids

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Trolling Saturday and Sunday w/ the kids

Post by Dilly Worm »

I took my daughters out in separate trips this weekend. They fight so much less when they're not both in the same little boat at the same time !

Saturday afternoon we trolled from Button Bay to the Otter Creek, saw nothing on the fishfinder, and nothing happened. Temps around 62 on the surface. Then on a line from Diamond Island to Porter Bay, cormorants were scatted around and the fishfinder was seeing lots of fish 50 to 70' down. First fish of the day inside Town Farm Bay was a 9lb togue that thrashed around like mad on the water surface and bent the spoon we caught it on ! Another little togue near Diamond Island, and it was time to head home for dinner.
the Yuri Geller of lake trout and its bent spoon
the Yuri Geller of lake trout and its bent spoon
spoon-bender-photos.jpg (140.75 KiB) Viewed 593 times
Rox-laker.jpg
Rox-laker.jpg (159.39 KiB) Viewed 593 times

Sunday I took our 6 yo, aka the Little Smidgeon, out for her first time trolling. Mostly she just wanted to go fast on plane, but eventually we started trolling north of Converse and had only gotten 2 lines in the water when we had a fish on. She was able to hang on to the rod (barely) so I could net her first ever togue, about 23" and 4 lbs.
Her first ever laker !
Her first ever laker !
20210516_113707.jpg (158.2 KiB) Viewed 593 times

and the lure she caught it on... luckily this new honeybee did not get mauled... it will be back in action soon !
20210516_143306.jpg
20210516_143306.jpg (118.3 KiB) Viewed 589 times
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Re: Trolling Saturday and Sunday w/ the kids

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Amazing fish. Looks like a great time.
FishPole Thinking
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Trolling Saturday and Sunday w/ the kids

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice pics. Bent spoons prove you had memorable action on the rods.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)