Winooski mouth trolling late morning: no bites

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
pnutbutter
Species: Trout

Winooski mouth trolling late morning: no bites

Post by pnutbutter »

Trolled in and just outside of the mouth of the Winooski this morning. Saw some fish on the sonar but couldn't get any to bite. Started out trolling a shad rap and a silver spoon. Later tried to get some fish suspended on the bottom to bite with a drop shot but came up empty there too. Lots of other people were out, too, didn't see anyone catch a fish but a couple people mentioned they had connected with walleye.
trt
Species: trout, pike, bass, wally, prch

Re: Winooski mouth trolling late morning: no bites

Post by trt »

What was water temperature? What depth were you fishing and did you vary depth, lures?
pnutbutter

Post by pnutbutter »

Water temperature was 58 degrees on the surface. Hard to say how deep my lures were running because I wasn't using downriggers. I had thought there would be too much wood floating around and on the bottom waiting to snag the ball for downriggers to be realistic, but next time maybe that's what I'll try. Do you run downriggers in that section of river? I usually only use them in lakes.
Chief III

Post by Chief III »

Friday morning we went 8 for 11 all lakers, largest was 8lbs. We trolled from Barney Point to Stave Island. Long lining Rapala BX minnows in 14'-16'.Temps between 52-54 degrees. Hot colors were clown and purpledescent.