mid week fishing trip

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

mid week fishing trip

Post by Greenhorn »

I haven't been able to get away to fish for several weeks now and it was getting to me. So, I took the day off today and made the trip to Lake Champlain to preserve my mental health! I chose to launch the Greenhorn at Arnolds Bay today. Not the best launch I have used, but not bad. I got there a bit later than I wanted, but we were on the water before the sun was up anyways. After arriving at our chosen spot, we set up in 15 to 20 foot water and put our our spread. Two down riggers 14 ft down and a 40 ft setback. We quickly picked up two salmon, one about 3 lbs and the other about 4 lbs. Soon after, the sun hit the water and the salmon bite stopped and the smallmouth started to bite. After catching 3 smallmouth, we move into 30 to 40 foot water and found some lakers and one more salmon. It felt awesome to be back on the lake again! That may be my last trip out before the DYP. I will try to post some pictures. Haven't done it in a while, so lets see what happens.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... &crop=fill
My first salmon.
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... &crop=fill
My buddy with the biggest laker of the day.https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... &crop=fill
Love the colors on this laker.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: mid week fishing trip

Post by fishy1 »

awsome that is a great area to fish close to my home turf.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice salmon Jeff... amazing how quick the bite can disappear these days... looking forward to the DYP.

Fish on!
Matt B
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Thanks for that report. Just curious - any size to those smallmouths ? What were they biting ?
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Nice job, Jeff! That laker looks like it came out of one of our Northeast Kingdom lakes.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Dilly Worm wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:10 am Thanks for that report. Just curious - any size to those smallmouths ? What were they biting ?
Dilly Worm,

The small mouth were in the 3 lb range. I was using small blue and silver spoons. I think size was the important factor. The lakers we caught were spitting up alwifes and the lures matched the size of them pretty closely.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

thanks for that info. 3-lb smallies are good fun to catch !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !