Shore Fishing help

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
nyker
Species: Many

Shore Fishing help

Post by nyker »

Hi All,

I am new to the area and just discovered this board. Hoping I can get a few recommendations for productive shore fishing spots.

We've had some success with some panfish nearby but would really love to find some good spots around Lake Champlain to catch landlocked salmon in particular but would also welcome spots for steelhead, lakers, browns/rainbows, walleye, smallmouths, muskies if possible, even white perch would be cool. I've been told the stream/river trout season (around Lake Placid anyway) is only just starting given the colder snowmelt fed rivers and still high water.

I have been up to the mouth of the Saranac River and Boquet Rivers over the last month (Plattsburgh side), and have gotten nothing, haven't seen any real life in the water there, nor many people fishing. I've been using both a 5wt fly outfit using streamers and nymphs and M/L spinning outfit using a variety of rebels/rapalas/crankbaits/spoons.

Any suggestions for publicly accessible productive fishing spots would be greatly welcome!

I live near Lake Placid for what its worth.

Thanks in advance!

Rob
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Shore Fishing help

Post by fishy1 »

hi i shore fish all the time and could possibly help you but the species you listed is many . shore fishing is fun and exciting but you need access and there is not alot of it for shore fishing. for salmon lake trout rainbows i would try lake mirror and lake placid . i was there last week and the lakers and rainbows were turning on. lake colby holds some nice salmon and trout and has shore fishing available. now for the champlain area white perch are in the spawning mood and eating and eating. wilcox dock in plattsburgh is a great spot and some bass to and sometimes salmon also. nice place to shore fish and lots of room. try crawlers for the white perch. also try the creeks north of plattsburgh to for many species. hope this helps and if you get more specific i might be able to help i travel alot for shore fishing and i know many areas. if you dont want to post on here send me a pm. i was up your way today fishing a trout pond.