Sunday 5/2

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Tire Jockey
Species: All

Sunday 5/2

Post by Tire Jockey »

Launched out of Converse around 6:30 solo trip, motored into Town Farm bay, set up one rigger at 10ft down 80 back and a lead core on the inline planer board, was marking fish in Town Farm but no takers this time. (been having good luck there lately) Headed south towards the mansion, just after Kingsland bay rigger fires! Bam! nice 24 inch 5.5lb silver. Made a loop just south of the mansion and the planer board fires! This fish was bigger than the last! got him close to the boat wicked air show! I could see at least 4 big lamprey on him while he was jumping! Got the net out and then my leader broke! Oh well that's why they call it fishing! Landed two more smaller silvers and a lake trout. Great day on the water!

Image[/
[url=https://postimg.cc/fVzn1bz0]Image

Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Re: Sunday 5/2

Post by Dilly Worm »

good report, those are some great looking fillets !

what were you using for a leader when it broke ?
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Tire Jockey
Species: All

Post by Tire Jockey »

Dilly Worm wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:05 am good report, those are some great looking fillets !

what were you using for a leader when it broke ?
10lb
Fluorocarbon, it was my fault it broke off, landed a 6.5lb on the same rod a couple of days earlier, should have swapped out the leader.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great report Wayne... love the pics.... proves you don’t have to have an 8rod set out to catch nice fish!!!
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

awsome catch and nice looking fillet.