Lakers

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
trt
Species: trout, pike, bass, wally, prch

Lakers

Post by trt »

My brother and a buddy came up and fished again Colchester Point south towards Starr Farm Beach.
Laker bite has been red hot. I was due for a skunk because i told him the bite was good. Two mornings
this past weekend resulted in 17 lakers best 32 inches with a 30. Average fish was 26 all C@R.
Jointed rapala j13 has been hot but this weekend live target smelt was the go too bait. Fishing 15 to 22 fow.
Guy out in a 17 foot red lund was having a blast along side of us.
Incredible fishery
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Lakers

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Welcome to the forum trt.
Glad you got many bites and lots of fun catching lakers.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report TRT, glad to hear you got the laker bite dialed in... Way to many of them in the lake right now IMHO... They smoke up good, so maybe keeping em will be an option.. ;)

Fish on!
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

awsome catch and lots of fun. keep on chasing.
trt

Post by trt »

Thank you - happy to share information, I took neighbors out and hope to take some kids out.
Big strong fish in shallows, great fishing and just for perspective. I went out Deep Sea fishing on a cattle
boat (2 90 footers and a 65 footer Hampton NH) Monday before the great fishing on LC. An average laker would have won the
pool on any of the three boats 125 cattle fishermen 2 hours out for haddock. Yes slow bite, cod have to be thrown back and
no pollack around. 4-6 pound cusk won the pool on all three boats with 3-4 pound haddock being big..Uggh

Great fishing on Champlain
Attachments
CL.jpg
CL.jpg (71.53 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

That's a nice laker, with some old lamprey wounds.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Charlie, is that you? Welcome to the forum and glad you got into the lakers! My son and I had a blast out off Colchester Point a couple of weeks ago. I've got a co-worker that wants to go fishing some time .... I'll have to bring him out there before the water warms up (which doesn't seem to be any time soon!).
trt

Post by trt »

HI Crayfish,
Yep same Charlie TRT from shanty. I fish a lot of different waters over the course of the year but
love the laker bite on LC. Hope you and pb are well.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Thanks, we are. Perchbait is finishing up his junior year at UVM, so he doesn't have as much time to fish as I do. I end up doing a lot of solo trips, which aren't as much fun but I still enjoy getting out. I'm hoping to take a buddy from work out to Colchester Point Thursday afternoon, work and weather permitting.

Good luck!
trt

Post by trt »

Sure I haven't been out in a week and a half. Glad to have you share my boat, let me know if/when available.