Heading out 4/17 will be first trip for me.

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Re: Heading out 4/17 will be first trip for me.

Post by cpmaple »

Yes crayfish getting right back at it. Several members on here have been very helpful in the pass yrs. I remember what they told me an just grow from their. People like crazy ivan, reelax, raz an some others. I upgrade what I can when I can next on my list is a fish hawk x4 my vhf radio just arrived today waiting on my chart plotter.
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

cpmaple wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:53 pm 4/20 left out of port henry around around 6am solo. First I need to say thanks to the gentleman that gave me a hand unloading. Set up two riggers short of the bay within 10mins fish on 4lber make a short loop back by the spot an fish on again another nice salmon. Then few more loops nothing headed down into bay picked up a pickerel. 3 for 3 on my birthday along what a great trip I have missed this pass few yrs. Feels good to be back out.
Congrats on the Birthday Catches! You said you caught them off your Riggers. :idea: :geek: Would you mind elaborating? Just wondering about depth, FOW, how far back from ball, any flashers used, how far from shore, etc. The usual stuff.

It's awesome that you have made it back out there. Keep those posts comin'!!!!

Best,
Ej (TruViking)
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

4/29/21 launched at 6am-10am three salmon an one pickerel. 16",18", an my pb 27-1/2" weighing 7.5lbs. They all came from riggers from 10 down to 14 down an 100-125 back. Nosiey boy took the day for me. Trolling at 2.5-2.8 sog. Great morning had two other release one cleared water before I got my hand on the rod an gone an one no one home.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

awsome chad keep chasing.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Black Ghost (Ken) wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:45 am Good luck out there Chad. I hope to get out there soon myself - now that sugaring Season is wrapped up. I also noticed that you are on the other forum I follow - mapletrader where I'm taptaptap from Pumpkin Hill Maple. I hope the 2021 fishing season is a lot better than the maple season!
Black ghost have you made it out yet? Started 4/29 in the bay one 18" silver an one pickerel then went north an picked up two more silver one 16" an one 27-1/2" what a show from all three silver.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

cpmaple wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:30 pm 4/29/21 launched at 6am-10am three salmon an one pickerel. 16",18", an my pb 27-1/2" weighing 7.5lbs. They all came from riggers from 10 down to 14 down an 100-125 back. Nosiey boy took the day for me. Trolling at 2.5-2.8 sog. Great morning had two other release one cleared water before I got my hand on the rod an gone an one no one home.
that's a big salmon, congrats on the PB !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

WOW... you don't catch a 27.5" 7.5 lb salmon too often. Congrats on your PB.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Wow Chad.. 7.5 lbs is a beast!!! Congrats on your PB salmon... Didn’t take long at all to break your record once you jumped back on the pond this year!!!
Matt B
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

It's been great to be back out. I'm sure it was a show to watch since I was solo. Boat passing in other direction watched the air show an me netting it by myself. But the success I have had is thanks to many on this forum. Without you guys giving me pointers over the yrs I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now chasing silver. Thanks to all also the big fish had several healed over marks an one small fresh which is fish bait now.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Way to go Chad!
Todd
Todd
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Super...now we gotta show ya how to post pic's of those beauties!
Congrats on that PB!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Still trying to figure that out on the photo's
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

5/4/21 headed out of port henry at 6am hit the bay nothing water temp on surface 53 degrees headed north toward coles not much on the screen an water temp down to 47 on the surface. Slot of clearing lines with all the junk floating weeds an sticks in the main lake. Ended up running back to the bay for one last pass an picked up a very nice northern pike. All in all great day headed back out this am gonna fish green can to the bridge. Will post back later on my solo trip
saltr
Species: LLS

Post by saltr »

Thanks for the info. Did they get the docks in yet at Port Henry?
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

saltr wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:29 am Thanks for the info. Did they get the docks in yet at Port Henry?
Docks are in at port henry