Outer Mallets Bay- Memorial Day Weekend

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Outer Mallets Bay- Memorial Day Weekend

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

We will be camping at Camp Skyland at the most southern tip of South Hero on Memorial Day weekend. Looking for some advice. Is is worth it at all to try for salmon in outer Mallets Bay? Or is it best to not even try and just concentrate in the broad lake beyond the break along the drop off from there down to Sunset Island and Apple Bay, in front of Ausable River area, Cumberland Bay, Willsboro Bay and 4 Brothers?
FishPole Thinking
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: Outer Mallets Bay- Memorial Day Weekend

Post by C-Hawk »

Yes, all of that and more. Consider launching at Apple Island and fish the Cowbanks, Sand Bar, Eagle Mountain, and St. Albans bay. Especially when the wind is up at Skyland.
Mallets can be good, or terrible. No knowing just yet, but if the salmon are there, your timing will be good.
Contact me when you get there, I'm a full season camper there. They'll point you in the right direction when you get there. Also Joey knows his stuff. Jeff
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look you up when I get there. I used to camp at Skyland a lot years ago. I think I remember you from those days and talking with you then. Admiring the lake trout and salmon you brought back. Back then, I only had a kayak and fished for bass, pike and perch nearby Skyland. I've upgraded recently to a 17' Lund with downriggers. Just learning the cold water fishing.
FishPole Thinking
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

AmFishFil Thinking wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:00 am Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look you up when I get there. I used to camp at Skyland a lot years ago. I think I remember you from those days and talking with you then. Admiring the lake trout and salmon you brought back. Back then, I only had a kayak and fished for bass, pike and perch nearby Skyland. I've upgraded recently to a 17' Lund with downriggers. Just learning the cold water fishing.
jeff and joey will put you on fish