Boat?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TUnamas

Boat?

Post by TUnamas »

As many of you know, I've suffered from back issues (2 surgeries and a third soon) after being struck be lightning about 10 years ago. I also run a 30 foot boat. Wife just approved boat shopping, so I'm in the market for something more easily managed. I'm thinking 18-21 feet+/-, outboard, cabin or canvassed, with amenities (auto pilot/fishfinder etc.). If you see something interesting, please pass it along. I'll fish Serenity Now this season as long as I can, but if anyone is interested in a well kept Sea Ray 300, drop me a line. PMs here are great, or email at Sjaunich@drm.com. Argh!
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Re: Boat?

Post by Greenhorn »

Hi TUnamas, I hope your next surgery will alleviate the pain and allow you more freedom to enjoy the things you love! Boats are a tough commodity to come by these days. My fishing buddy brought his boat to Bass Pro to be serviced and had two offers from others to buy his boat. I guess there is a very long lead time for new boats through Bass Pro (and likely other boat manufacturers) If I run across any boats that fit your description, I will give you a shout. In the meantime, the best of luck to you. :)
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I had no clue you were struck by lightning....oh my word! You are so lucky to still be around Scott! And we are lucky to have you!!!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Wow Scott, hope the bumpy ride Saturday didn’t cause any issues.. up until about 10am it was as bumpy and almost un bearable. (It’s Fatheads fault for not letting us move into town farm) Didn’t realize the back issues went that deep, hope you are better soon. Glad to hear your gonna downsize to a more nimble fishing platform, a boat hunt is as fun as any...

I’ll keep an eye out...
Matt B
Brimstone Troller
Species: Trout/Salmon/Bass

Post by Brimstone Troller »

Hope your surgery goes well. Lake Ontario United is a good place to look. There are a few good ones on there right now.
60Fishman
Species: lake trout, salmon, bass

Post by 60Fishman »

Good Luck getting a boat. Sellers market big time. I have a friend who runs a marina and sells boats. They have had no inventory since last fall. Everything is strictly by order. I suspect the used boat market is the same deal.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Hey Scott,

I know you were a first time guest on my Starcraft 196 last Summer and it was a nice calm warm sunny day! Order the custom comfy large oversize reclining seats that is very comfortable for ailing backs and long hours trolling. I would recommend special order then you can get the stuff you want including full canvas for frostbiting and the engine brand you prefer.

Here is the bigger version the 210 recently on Boat Test.com with a great review:

Imagemobil station near me
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear about another possible surgery.
Give me a little more information because I've seen quite a few boats over here in ME.
New or used? Glass or aluminum? I/O or outboard?

Michael
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Thanks Michael - Not sure yet. Looking at CDory, CHawk, Lewes, and several aluminums. Also looking at a few Bertram Moppies. Sea Craft maybe, but harder to find. Likely used, but new if it struck a chord. Outboard for sure. Probably nothing over 23', and likely not under 19. Still debating hard top sport cabin vs. canvas enclosure. I love my current boat, which makes it hard!
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

digitroll (ron) wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:11 am Hey Scott,

I know you were a first time guest on my Starcraft 196 last Summer and it was a nice calm warm sunny day! Order the custom comfy large oversize reclining seats that is very comfortable for ailing backs and long hours trolling. I would recommend special order then you can get the stuff you want including full canvas for frostbiting and the engine brand you prefer.

Here is the bigger version the 210 recently on Boat Test.com with a great review:

Imagemobil station near me
Already on the list! Thanks!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

TUnamas wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 pm Thanks Michael - Not sure yet. Looking at CDory, CHawk, Lewes, and several aluminums. Also looking at a few Bertram Moppies. Sea Craft maybe, but harder to find. Likely used, but new if it struck a chord. Outboard for sure. Probably nothing over 23', and likely not under 19. Still debating hard top sport cabin vs. canvas enclosure. I love my current boat, which makes it hard!
Scott...There's a guy that used to live in St Albans, was a frequent visitor/contributor to this site and the old forum that moved to Maine. His name is Jim Forrest and he bought a boat dealership named Als' Sport Center http://www.alssportcenter.com/. He sells Duckworth Welded Aluminum boats you might find interesting. Mention this site and I'd bet he'd go out of his way to help you! Might be worth a try???

also see: https://www.lakechamplainunited.com/for ... 90#p210990
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
METOVT
Species: Salmon

Post by METOVT »

raz wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:03 am
TUnamas wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 pm Thanks Michael - Not sure yet. Looking at CDory, CHawk, Lewes, and several aluminums. Also looking at a few Bertram Moppies. Sea Craft maybe, but harder to find. Likely used, but new if it struck a chord. Outboard for sure. Probably nothing over 23', and likely not under 19. Still debating hard top sport cabin vs. canvas enclosure. I love my current boat, which makes it hard!
Scott...There's a guy that used to live in St Albans, was a frequent visitor/contributor to this site and the old forum that moved to Maine. His name is Jim Forrest and he bought a boat dealership named Als' Sport Center http://www.alssportcenter.com/. He sells Duckworth Welded Aluminum boats you might find interesting. Mention this site and I'd bet he'd go out of his way to help you! Might be worth a try???

also see: https://www.lakechamplainunited.com/for ... 90#p210990
Yes sir Raz! I have (4) 20' Advantages Sports, 20' Advatage XT (offshore bracket so acts like a 22' boat) and have a 20' Pacific Navigator Sport coming in June. All boats are equipt with a canvas enclosure among other options.

Duckworth 2021 XT - will have Honda 150 Marine Engine and 9.9 Honda Kicker

https://mystuff.bublup.com/ui/landing_p ... 4af96331d8

https://mystuff.bublup.com/ui/landing_p ... fcdba8406c

Guess I forgot how to post pictures. Anyway, if you want to talk Tunamas I can be reached at 207.784.5791.

Nice to see some of those big salmon...

Jim
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Jim - Thanks! Agreed. I checked out on your site at Raz's recommendation, and as I'm a former west coaster, they are certainly a style I know well! As soon as we figure out next steps, I'll certainly be in touch. The 20 with a bracket is beautiful boat. The 20 Advantage Sports are high on the list too. Quick question if you don't mind.. How slow will the 135 Honda troll a 20 AS or the 150 the 20 XT? I'd like to do it without a kicker, and I'd like to avoid trolling bags if possible. I'm trying to simplify things!
METOVT
Species: Salmon

Post by METOVT »

So on the 135, it was about 2.5-3 depending entirely on the conditions. So against the wind 2-2.3 and with the wind 2.7-3. Calm no wind 2.5-6. The EX I don't have any data on. That is the first boat to land here and it sold the same week I unwrapped it. I have another one coming and that was presold. I was able to work with the folks at Duckworth and change one of the 20' AS that was due in May to an XT. That is going to have the 37" jump seats instead of the 26" seats. The enclosure is bigger to accomodate the bigger seats. They call that the overnight package.You can sit two people on the 37" seats.
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

"Jump seats" being the benches behind the captains chairs on each side? A bit longer, so more canvas? I'll be in touch.